Bachmann LMS 10000 DCC and Sound fitting?

Butler

I used some relatively cheap SoundTraxx Econami decoders with UK diesel sounds for both 10000 and 10001 (I also used one in my Heljan D0260 'Lion'). These decoders have a choice of engine sounds and horns, selectable by changing certain CV values.

After experimenting a bit, I settled on the class 37 engine sounds, as the idle is rougher and the throttle-up is less controlled than the class 31 sounds also in there. These are both EE Co 12 cylinder sounds, but the Brush type 2 had a much more refined control system, whereas my observational experience with early EE locomotives is that the control was very coarse, with the engines revving up rapidly (even violently - thrashing in the truest sense of the word) then dying back while trying to start off, then repeating the process until they could take up full power. That was with some early Queensland railways locomotives from the early to mid 1950s with the 12 cyl. engines, so appropriate for the period we want. The class 37 sounds just seemed a little more appropriate to my mind. I can't remember which horns I chose, off-hand.

Edited by SRman

Thank you all, food for thought.

would I be right in saying the TTS would have an 8 pin connector, and the 10000 a 21 pin, so an adaptor needed? Prob got one somewhere.

What about a fitting guide, does the body come off easily? 

B