Bovey Quay

Gedward

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, John Besley said:

How did your house move go in the end all smoothly?

We will be doing the same next year to include my Father with us in an annexe 

Good luck with the house move next year. Will no doubt cause much pain with the layouts and moving all your stuff. 

I'm only half way there. I sold up and moved down here two months ago. But we're all still waiting on HMRC to rubber stamp the probate, still no idea when I'll move in.

• Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Gedward said:

Good luck with the house move next year. Will no doubt cause much pain with the layouts and moving all your stuff. 

I'm only half way there. I sold up and moved down here two months ago. But we're all still waiting on HMRC to rubber stamp the probate, still no idea when I'll move in.

Not the best, I'm sure George but still progress however molluscesque. 

In the meantime, I wish you a Merry Christmas and here's to a New Year that will finally see things coming together. 

Best Wishes, 

Rob. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Quick update:

Yesterday the 21st, four months since I sold up and moved out west. This has got to be my longest holiday, as I'm still living out of a suitcase. Hence, not able to do any painting or modelling all this time. All we can do is keep everything crossed that completion will happen soon enough.

• Friendly/supportive 13

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi George,

not sure how I've missed this, but thank's to Rob @rcf's mention, I've just spent an enjoyable hour catching up. There's really nothing more that I can add to what has already been said, but "simply superb!" I can't believe how convincing your moorland scene is, its amazing.

I do hope the moving-in is imminent? What part of Minehead, roughly? I'm from just outside Taunton originally and I know Minehead and West Somerset like the back of my hand. You'll have been to Porlock Weir and Lynmouth, of course - their small harbours are just packed with inspiration.

All the best,

Mark

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Mark, 

Sorry I missed this. Many thanks for your comments.

At present I'm staying with friends in Alcombe, whilst waiting to complete on a house in Periton Road, the Porlock end. I've been to Taunton a few times and funnily enough, I'm originally from the other end of the line, Paddington, like the bear.

I'm sure we'll bump into one another soon enough, it's a small world.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Well this post is called Bovey Saga and I'd say moving out west from Ole London Town has been more than a bl**dy saga. But finally there is light at the end of said tunnel.

Today I was told that we will exchange contracts next week with completion set for 27th July. 

Obviously, I'm so looking forward to getting back in the saddle and completing the Bodmin Moor diorama. Although it's only 50% complete, I've been invited by Exmoor Dave of this parish, to demo it at Exmoor Rail on the 5th August at the Minehead show. And then hopefully show it complete at SWAG next year.

Onwards and upwards.

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Quick update.

I've been here about a month now and am getting nicely settled into the new abode. Obviously, there's been loads of 'stuff' to sort out from the get go. Right now, if it doesn't move I'm painting it and have completed several rooms already. 

So now we're just about ready to resume work on Bodmin Moor after the brief interlude of ten months. Yippee!

Edited by Gedward
  • Like 12
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Gedward said:

Quick update.

I've been here about a month now and am getting nicely settled into the new abode. Obviously, there's been loads of 'stuff' to sort out from the get go. Right now, if it doesn't move I'm painting it and have completed several rooms already. 

So now we're just about ready to resume work on Bodmin Moor after the brief interlude of ten months. Yippee!

If it does move, have you greased it?

Sorry, a naval tradition, sometimes Jack will paint it even if it does move, making it virtually impossible to move without resorting to heat and big hammers.

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, Siberian Snooper said:

Sorry, a naval tradition, sometimes Jack will paint it even if it does move, making it virtually impossible to move without resorting to heat and big hammers.

I always thought that if it moves you salute it.

• Agree 6
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 1

8 hours ago, Siberian Snooper said:

I've had to resort to a combination of gas axe and smiting stick on many an occasion.

There's a farmer's version which is: When it's new, it doesn't need greasing, when it's old, it's too late.

• Like 6
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Graham T said:

And never walk on the grass…

A former colleague who had served in the Navy told me of a placard on the bridge of one of his ships, which read:

1. Port is left.

2. Starboard is right.

3. Pointy end first.

4. Keep off the grass.

• Funny 13

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, Gedward said:

Well it's been a while since I posted any progress on  Bodmin Moor, so here's a quick update of where we are today. I'd say we're about 2/3 of the way to completing this diorama. But still lots to add to the foreground as that's still quite barren. But the distant fields and tors are pretty much there.

Sept_WIP.jpg

Bodmin Moor is pretty bleak, like Dartmoor, I would say that you have pretty much cracked it. Well done.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

This thread was getting a little confusing, so I've now separated the two projects BOVEY QUAY and BODMIN MOOR, which now resides in the 7mm area. Any future updates I'll post over there.

I thank you

Edited by Gedward
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, Gedward said:

This thread was getting a little confusing, so I've now separated the two projects BOVEY QUAY and BODMIN MOOR SIDING, which now resides in the 7mm area. Any future updates I'll post over there.

I thank you

Please post the respective links here!

• Like 2