The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2022

didcot

• RMweb Gold
On 12/04/2022 at 08:19, Hroth said:

I also noticed that Verstappen, and to be fair other drivers too, had a whinge at the speed of the Safety Car. Apparently it was slower than the Mercedes Safety Car....

Verstappen, as recently as the 2020 season, drove a car with Aston Martin sponsorship......

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

ANOTHER flat Street Circuit.  😡

Miami F1 track “95% complete” ahead of first race next month.

https://www.racefans.net/2022/04/19/miami-f1-track-95-complete-ahead-of-first-race-next-month/

What is going on with that beach section? Looks like it was being drawn on a train and at that point they took a junction to fast.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Well now I'm even MORE CONFUSED about the Sprint Race Pole position.

Why F1’s sprint race pole position fix is merely cosmetic.

https://www.racefans.net/2022/04/18/why-f1s-sprint-race-pole-position-fix-is-merely-cosmetic/

Well! That had the clarity of a typical race deciding ruling of the former F1 race director Michael Masi.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

Another lazy reporting channel - stealing other peoples words by simply reading them out in a video, telling us nothing that isn't already out there.

Most channels seem to be the same: They put something new in the title as clickbait then just tell news that's been around the block a few times.

Thankfully there is plenty of racing this year so we can just watch things unfold.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

Well that gives Hamilton no chance really of a last hurrah with Ferrari before he retires, I cannot see him still competing in 2025

Personally, I don't think he would of anyway, he could not of improved on what he has achieved, just look at those that have tried, like Mansell, Alonso, Vettel to mention just 3 ex Champions who went down hill in the Red Cars.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Andrew P said:

Personally, I don't think he would of anyway, he could not of improved on what he has achieved, just look at those that have tried, like Mansell, Alonso, Vettel to mention just 3 ex Champions who went down hill in the Red Cars.

I'm also pretty sure he's lined up for Toto's job anyway

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

image.png.b8eec7ef230bd6762cf2f4a89ee334c7.png

That graphic can't have been produced by F1, it's actually informative unlike the total **** that flash up during the race.

Sorry I'm in a grumpy mood this evening, but the total nonsense they put up, e.g. someone on fresh tyres sets a quick lap so they give a certain time to close the gap without considering degradation or the other driver responding. I think it's an arm of Amazon that does them, which explains why the products they recommend to me are so wide of the mark!

Edited by SR71
  • Like 3