The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2022

didcot

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Zomboid said:

I doubt jet engines would actually be much help on an F1 car. They'd be too slow to wind up to contribute much on anything other than a really long straight, but they'd have to carry the weight all the way round.

But they might discourage overtaking.

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Surprise, surprise.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Just getting his siege mentality going and playing mind games.

Doesn't matter if he's right or not, if he feels that he performs better with a "the world's against me" perception then that's what it's about. As well as putting some pressure on the stewards to be "not biased" in his favour :laugh:

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Reorte said:

I'd seen the comments about the Ferrari but not actually seen a picture of it yet, damn that's a good looking car!

I'm not particularly a Ferrari fan but do agree it is very nice.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Zomboid said:

I know nothing about these things, but the RB does have some very peculiar sidepods. It looks a bit like they've strapped some jet engines to the side of it. 

Jet engines are good for generating hot air.

Oh - it's a RedBull......

No surprise there then.

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

9 hours ago, rocor said:

Strapping some jet engines to the side of it? It does not matter how tightly the FIA configure the rules, there will always be some teams that can discover the loopholes.

image.png.cae618e6d25573a16511b452af8f26ae.png

Edited by 57xx
  • Like 1
  • Funny 3

Haas reveal simulation worry as part of opening day pre-season problems.

Dimetre will not be happy if Nikita cant win a Grand Prix this year.:D

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/76405/haas-reveal-simulation-worry-as-part-of-opening-day-pre-season-problems/?fbclid=IwAR2-NFN7q3Q78dnQP28yv35EOwRo2_hkc-1aQHhtWJVLeUtkpcKW8qjgyrU

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Presumably the Russian GP will now be off the calendar…

If that does happen I hope F1 and the FIA have their cybersecurity in good order…

Lets hope Mugello gets a chance rather than a cobbled together street race in yet another despotic Middle-Eastern country.

Darius

• Agree 4

9 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Haas reveal simulation worry as part of opening day pre-season problems.

Dimetre will not be happy if Nikita cant win a Grand Prix this year.:D

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/76405/haas-reveal-simulation-worry-as-part-of-opening-day-pre-season-problems/?fbclid=IwAR2-NFN7q3Q78dnQP28yv35EOwRo2_hkc-1aQHhtWJVLeUtkpcKW8qjgyrU

Where will he invade then? :P

• Funny 1

11 hours ago, Andrew P said:

FIA hit back at Hamilton's stewards' bias accusation

Very clever by Hamilton, not named anyone by name, just hinted that there may be an issue, no surprise in the FIA response but I'll bet there have been strongly worded emails in the background to all the stewards... Got the result he wanted I suspect...

10 hours ago, 57xx said:

image.png.cae618e6d25573a16511b452af8f26ae.png

Glad someone caught up with my earlier post, then! ;)

• Like 1

Future of Russian GP uncertain

Andrew Benson

BBC Sport’s chief F1 writer

The invasion of Ukraine by Russia this morning has inevitably led to questions about the future of the Russian Grand Prix, scheduled for 23-25 September this year.

F1 has issued a statement saying: “Formula 1 is closely watching the very fluid developments like many others and at this time has no further comment on the race scheduled for September. We will continue to monitor the situation very closely.”

The race is closely associated with Russian President Vladimir Putin, who arranged for it to be held in Sochi, where he has a palace. The race is due to move to a permanent track outside St Petersburg in 2023.

Meanwhile, members of the audience may have noticed that a Turkish Grand Prix has appeared on the official F1 ticketing website and the Russian race has disappeared. BBC Sport is told this is unrelated, and merely a development issue with the website.

The race is not the only area in which the Ukraine situation may have ramifications in F1. The US-based Haas team receive significant financial backing from their sponsorship linked to Russian driver Nikita Mazepin.

A team spokesman said: "Presently, there is no knock-on impact" as a result of the situation in Ukraine. "We are obviously monitoring the situation and will continue to do so."

Edited by Andrew P
  • Informative/Useful 2

Ferrari are putting in the consistent laps and times so far with both drivers.

Posted at 11:1811:18

Latest times

Carlos Sainz (Ferrari) 1:20.546 – 57 laps

Pierre Gasly (Alpha Tauri) 1:21.466 – 37 laps

Alexander Albon (Williams) 1:21.657 – 25 laps

Daniel Ricciardo (McLaren) 1:21.698 – 51 laps

Lance Stroll (Aston Martin) 1:21.920 – 47 laps

Mick Schumacher (Haas) 1:21.949 – 53 laps

Sergio Perez (Red Bull) – 1.22.412 – 34 laps

Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) 1:22.562 – 37 laps

Valtteri Bottas (Alfa Romeo) 1:22.858 – 12 laps

Esteban Ocon (Alpine) 1:23.280 – 47 laps

Carlos Sainz, Daniel Ricciardo and Mick Schumacher have all now done more than 50 laps, but more problems for Valtteri Bottas and Alfa Romeo as their lap count has not gone up in the last hour.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Future of Russian GP uncertain

Andrew Benson

BBC Sport’s chief F1 writer

The invasion of Ukraine by Russia this morning has inevitably led to questions about the future of the Russian Grand Prix, scheduled for 23-25 September this year.

F1 has issued a statement saying: “Formula 1 is closely watching the very fluid developments like many others and at this time has no further comment on the race scheduled for September. We will continue to monitor the situation very closely.”

The race is closely associated with Russian President Vladimir Putin, who arranged for it to be held in Sochi, where he has a palace. The race is due to move to a permanent track outside St Petersburg in 2023.

My prediction that the Russian GP will go ahead but with only two teams (four cars) competing, Haas and Red Bull.:jester:

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 3

I bet it'll be some time before the FIA actually remove the Russian GP from the calendar. Despite ruling over such a fast-paced sport, their response is often glacially slow, especially to world events. Remember March 2020, when the whole circus rocked up in Oz for the opening race, despite most countries going into lockdown of some sort?

• Agree 2

End-of-session times

Daniel Ricciardo (McLaren) 1:20.355 – 64 laps

Carlos Sainz (Ferrari) 1:20.546 – 71 laps

Pierre Gasly (Alpha Tauri) 1:20.764 – 60 laps

Alexander Albon (Williams) 1:21.531 – 47 laps

Lance Stroll (Aston Martin) 1:21.920 – 55 laps

Mick Schumacher (Haas) 1:21.949 – 65 laps

Valtteri Bottas (Alfa Romeo) 1:22.288 – 21 laps

Sergio Perez (Red Bull) – 1.22.412 – 38 laps

Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) 1:22.562 – 40 laps

Esteban Ocon (Alpine) 1:23.280 – 66 laps

The McLaren of Lando Norris was fastest yesterday and the McLaren of Daniel Ricciardo is fastest so far today.

Carlos Sainz racked up the most laps (71) in his Ferrari, closely followed by Alpine's Esteban Ocon (66), Haas' Mick Schumacher (65), Ricciardo (64), Alpha Tauri's Pierre Gasly (60) and Aston Martin's Lance Stroll (55).

Valtteri Bottas of Alfa Romeo did the fewest laps, 21, although he did manage nine in the last hour.

• Like 1