The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2022

didcot

I've stopped reading all of the F1 news at the moment. It's all speculation and hearsay just to get a headline. Lets wait until Australia - there is bound to be someone who has not been vaccinated and the Aussies will not let them in - great headline "Here we go again..........."

• Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Bulleidboy100 said:

I've stopped reading all of the F1 news at the moment. It's all speculation and hearsay just to get a headline. Lets wait until Australia - there is bound to be someone who has not been vaccinated and the Aussies will not let them in - great headline "Here we go again..........."

Oz is the 3rd Race in now, so we should know by then.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Daniel Ricciardo has been appointed a Member of the Order of Australia as part of the 2022 Australia Day Honours.

Ricciardo was recognised “For significant service to motor sport as a competitor and ambassador, and to the community.”

The honour comes after a drought-breaking first victory for McLaren in last year’s Italian Grand Prix, a win which came more than three years after his seventh in a Formula 1 race.

Recently, he became an ambassador for Save The Children, with a focus on education outside of the traditional classroom environment.

Ricciardo’s official title is now ‘AM’, a group which has grown by 155 in this year’s Australia Day Honours.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
55 minutes ago, Wacol said:

Daniel Ricciardo has been appointed a Member of the Order of Australia as part of the 2022 Australia Day Honours.

Ricciardo was recognised “For significant service to motor sport as a competitor and ambassador, and to the community.”

The honour comes after a drought-breaking first victory for McLaren in last year’s Italian Grand Prix, a win which came more than three years after his seventh in a Formula 1 race.

Recently, he became an ambassador for Save The Children, with a focus on education outside of the traditional classroom environment.

Ricciardo’s official title is now ‘AM’, a group which has grown by 155 in this year’s Australia Day Honours.

Oz tends to be sport-obsessed, it seems to me, but Danny's broad grin makes him a popular driver, not unassisted by his bravura - when the car is under him. 2021, many thought, would be the making of him, and he'd show Lando a thing or two. Not unlike some other drivers on changing teams, he found the McLaren set-up different to his preferences, and by the time he got that more to his liking, Lando was well down the road on points.

None of us has any idea how any of the 2022 cars will perform relative to one another, but seeing McLaren even closer to the front, with both drivers in the frame, would be a nice change from the Merc/RB duopoly. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

Oz tends to be sport-obsessed, it seems to me, but Danny's broad grin makes him a popular driver, not unassisted by his bravura - when the car is under him. 2021, many thought, would be the making of him, and he'd show Lando a thing or two. Not unlike some other drivers on changing teams, he found the McLaren set-up different to his preferences, and by the time he got that more to his liking, Lando was well down the road on points.

None of us has any idea how any of the 2022 cars will perform relative to one another, but seeing McLaren even closer to the front, with both drivers in the frame, would be a nice change from the Merc/RB duopoly. 

I think there might be something Red in the mix as well Ian.

It certainly would be good to see, Ferrari, McLaren, RB and Merc going to the wire in the Constructors Championship, as long as RB don't get it, and Merc do, (not that I'm biased). Hahah:laugh:

• Agree 3

6 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Totally self-inflicted on the part of the FIA - I'm damn sure that Charlie Whiting wouldn't have done what Masi did...

• Agree 5

8 minutes ago, MarkC said:

Totally self-inflicted on the part of the FIA - I'm damn sure that Charlie Whiting wouldn't have done what Masi did...

i AGREE, but if he had, it would have been sorted by now, with both Lewis and Mercedes.

• Agree 2