The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2022

didcot

George Russell’s amazing lifestyle, driving a £140k car and enjoying Caribbean holidays with stunning girlfriend

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/16072564/f1-george-russell-lifestyle-mercedes-girlfriend/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunsportfacebook190222&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1645225176

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Horner criticises “harsh” decision to replace Masi as F1 race director.

HE WOULD. :angry:

https://www.racefans.net/2022/02/21/horner-criticises-harsh-decision-to-replace-masi-as-f1-race-director/

If the situation had been reversed, he would have threatened legal action for the next month. He has done it in the past.

Also he claimed they got their tactics right, yet only a few laps before Latifi's crash, he said "we need a miracle or something from the racing gods". At least he is consistent with his inconsistency.

I agree with his last sentence though: "The one thing that drivers want is a consistent application of the rules rather than penalties changing from race-to-race. I think that’s the challenge the FIA have got to obviously address this season."

They need to review all situations which generated any sort of controversy & look at the rules. Loose rules are what allow inconsistency. These need to be updated, learned & accepted by all concerned before the first qualifying session.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Andrew P said:

nothing new, remember Colin Chapman’s dual chassis to get round the ground effect rules?

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Pete the Elaner said:

I agree with his last sentence though: "The one thing that drivers want is a consistent application of the rules rather than penalties changing from race-to-race. I think that’s the challenge the FIA have got to obviously address this season."

They need to review all situations which generated any sort of controversy & look at the rules. Loose rules are what allow inconsistency. These need to be updated, learned & accepted by all concerned before the first qualifying session.

Yeah although his interpretation of that 'consistent application of the rules' would be that Max gets' to shove other Drivers off the track at every turn as per Brazil.

• Like 4
  • Agree 4

On 18/02/2022 at 09:55, Andrew P said:

And for me the Merc has to be 9.5/10 Stunning

Liveries so far revealed.

IMHO

Haas = 2/10

Aston Martin = 6/10

Red Bull - 5/10

McLaren = 7/10

Al[ha Touri = 1.5/10

WILLIAMS/, = 5/10,

Ferrari, =  8/10 = Yes its Red, as expected, but looks aggressive. 

Mercedes = 9.5/10 Stunning.

Alpine, = 9.75/10 BEAUTIFUL. :good:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Liveries so far revealed.

IMHO

Haas = 2/10

Aston Martin = 6/10

Red Bull - 5/10

McLaren = 7/10

Al[ha Touri = 1.5/10

WILLIAMS/, = 5/10,

Ferrari, =  8/10 = Yes its Red, as expected, but looks aggressive. 

Mercedes = 9.5/10 Stunning.

Alpine, = 9.75/10 BEAUTIFUL. :good:

Alpine has JUST CHANGED ITS LIVERY in the last 10 minutes to PINK.:o

ONLY FOR the first 2 Races.:D

Its a bit bright Guys.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

"I think we'll have a good relationship between the two of us and work well together to push the team forward."  - George Russell

Can't wait to find out if this statement is true or false.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, Gedward said:

"I think we'll have a good relationship between the two of us and work well together to push the team forward."  - George Russell

There's no reason to doubt the veracity of that statement. He is aware that it might well be LH's last season and he can afford to bide his time so why make waves.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Gedward said:

9 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

There's no reason to doubt the veracity of that statement. He is aware that it might well be LH's last season and he can afford to bide his time so why make waves.

Hamilton - Russell “fits like a glove” as new Mercedes team-mate.

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/76241/hamilton-russell-fits-like-a-glove-as-new-mercedes-team-mate/?fbclid=IwAR2IYimhcoyvsmzy_7aUGC4bB29bRpbiFEaaAkXMyIyZZu1JTKr1ogIxP6k

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Love the comments...

"Masi messed up with the overlapped cars, spoilt the 2021 championship and is lucky he wasn't fired. A talent he may very well be but what happened was unforgivable in my view and needed to be encouraged to move on. I accept that Masi was overworked. He should have said something - perhaps he did. Being overworked does not excuse him for messing up 2021."

And

"Masi is an "elite talent"

Then why could he not remember his own precedent or the rules..."

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

11 minutes ago, MarkC said:

Love the comments...

"Masi messed up with the overlapped cars, spoilt the 2021 championship and is lucky he wasn't fired. A talent he may very well be but what happened was unforgivable in my view and needed to be encouraged to move on. I accept that Masi was overworked. He should have said something - perhaps he did. Being overworked does not excuse him for messing up 2021."

And

"Masi is an "elite talent"

Then why could he not remember his own precedent or the rules..."

He has had long enough in the job to have sorted any rule issues. None of the incidents in 2021 were new.

He has no excuse for not following rules either. It is his job to know them & in Hungary he got the re-start wrong by failing to penalise those who pitted for tyres instead of going to the grid.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3