The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2022

didcot

50 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Two questions for you Guys.

1, If Russia invades Ukraine, will the FIA / F1 cancel the Russian GP?

2, Should they look at the Mazepin Sponsorship  of the Haas Team?

The GP could already be in doubt, the longer Putin postures the more likely sanctions will be added, though the ridiculous scenario of Russia being banned from the Olympics and then being replaced by an IOC Russian team shows that sport has no barriers when there is money involved.

Sponsorship will be a matter for how the FIA deal with any sanctions on Russian money, if it harms the FIA to take his money into F1 then they will have to find a new route to send it.  The money may not come from Russia per se - given how the Western banks have so graciously accepted all and sundry from the East over the years.  Don't forget the British Government have only just cancelled the buy your UK residency scheme because it looks a bit dodgy!

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
54 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Except for the embarrassment caused to Max, CH, RB and the FIA.

Were they embarrassed? I don't think that MV, CH or RB understand the meaning of the word. While the FIA may feel embarrassed, they are clearly seeking a way to "fudge" it in the hope that people will forget. Liberty are probably happy with all the PR it has given F1, especially where it has attracted the formerly disinterested.

• Agree 8

5 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

So basically, it is as Masi executed it, they have simply adopted that as policy to avoid saying he was wrong, despite losing the role and being replaced.

• Agree 3

I don't think it's as he did it, because all lapped cars would overtake straight away, so in last years case the lapped cars behind Max would have already started to overtake Max as they would have been told to unlap themselves at the same time as the ones between Max and Lewis. Not really sure how it would have panned out in last years race, except Max would still have had the advantage of fresh tyres so probably the same result.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, Hobby said:

I don't think it's as he did it, because all lapped cars would overtake straight away, so in last years case the lapped cars behind Max would have already started to overtake Max as they would have been told to unlap themselves at the same time as the ones between Max and Lewis. Not really sure how it would have panned out in last years race, except Max would still have had the advantage of fresh tyres so probably the same result.

I think if all lapped cars are allowed to overtake, then doesn't the safety car stay out for another lap?

If so, then as the safety car came in, the race would finish as they next crossed the start line. 

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium

This is Race Control to Mr Wolf
You've really made your point
But the sponsors want a race, so say a prayer

No time to let them unlap I declare

This is Mr Wolf to Race Control

I'm throwing headphones on the floor
And I'm swearing in a most peculiar way

• Round of applause 3
  • Funny 8

I enjoy reading this thread even if I don't always agree with what is being written, what amazes me is we have got to 24 pages and 593 posts and the cars haven't turned a wheel yet, at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if we got to 1000 posts before the first race.:rolleyes:

Ian

Edited by ianwales
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

Too late, my time has come,
Sent some drivers to unlap themselves, others to wait in line
Goodbye, everybody, I've got to go,
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth
Masi, oooh
I don't want to FIA,