The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2022

didcot

• RMweb Premium

Firstly, to assist the race director in the decision-making process, a Virtual Race Control Room will be created.

It's called SIRI.

Secondly, direct radio communications during the race. According to a well-defined and non-intrusive process.

Send an email.

• Like 4
  • Funny 4

5 minutes ago, didcot said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/60418716

Masi removed as race director. About time too.

NOW, Hopefully we can ALL move on, (me included) and concentrate on 2022.

Yes the result was tarnished, and Max will have to live with that, knowing that everyone, including the FIA, have seen the light.:D

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

Somehow I doubt it will affect Max that much.

About time they finally replace Masi, sadly I think the whole debacle will rattle on. No doubt there will be some wanting Max's title removing and giving to Lewis for example.

Anyway, onwards and upwards, I am very much liking the look of the cars :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

28 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Yes the result was tarnished, and Max will have to live with that, knowing that everyone, including the FIA, have seen the light.:D

Indeed so - a pyrrhic victory, despite how Gobby Spice & the Max fanbois spin it...

• Agree 5

One thing that does anger me, the FIA are acting like it was all Masi's fault - and whilst he was the one at the sharp end, it was the FIA and it's broadcast partners who started broadcasting the conversations 'making it part of the thrill and entertainment of the race'.

By doing so they encouraged ever more bold moves and gestures from the team leads knowing it would like be broadcast and in some respects upped the ante and placed a ridiculous level of pressure on the Race Director - equally, allowing them a direct line to officials and then broadcasting it was inviting the team leads to do more of it in the hope no doubt of conflict and post race debate - it turned the racing into a side piece, the main spectacle becoming the politics between the teams and between the teams and the FIA.

• Like 1
  • Agree 10

• RMweb Gold

In the days when Deb would ensure we watched WEC events live on tv, Eduardo Freitas would regularly broadcast to teams and the tv feed on developments about SCs etc. He seemed to have the respect of the WEC teams in those days. If he can bring that gravitas to F1 so much the better. 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

I loved Pitpass's intro to the Fi viewing and audience figures for 2021:

"Press release from F1 states that 108.7 million viewers watched last year's season finale in Abu Dhabi... which is around 108 million more than will watch this year unless the FIA comes clean."

Sums it up! The full article is here. https://www.pitpass.com/71821/F1-reveals-2021-race-attendance-and-TV-viewing-figures

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 3

Ferrari has implemented a radical nose idea on its 2022 Formula 1 car that could give it the edge in being able to rapidly develop its challenger this season.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/-revealed-ferraris-radical-2022-f1-nose-idea/8253981/?utm_source=RSS&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=RSS-F1&utm_term=News&utm_content=uk&fbclid=IwAR3ZdHrUj_b3_URcTascQwRUnFnjSPyLNhdVyMLbRU9LzxJem7h3fiA711s

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Gedward said:

Firstly, to assist the race director in the decision-making process, a Virtual Race Control Room will be created.

It's called SIRI.

Secondly, direct radio communications during the race. According to a well-defined and non-intrusive process.

Send an email.

Thirdly, the highlight for me, Herbie Blash to provide an experienced guiding hand to the team. We can't have Charlie Whiting back, but at least his time served right hand man is back.

Jo

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Gedward said:

Last race of 2022. CH calling the race director. 

"Your call is important to us and the director knows you are waiting. You are... 2nd in the queue."

I am still perplexed that Masi even bothered picking the phone /radio up when Toto/Horner rang him during those last laps. It should have been obvious what they would be asking, it was a high stress situation and he should have focused on the job in hand so done exactly what you have suggested 

• Like 1
  • Agree 9

18 hours ago, Gedward said:

It's called SIRI.

Send an email.

As long as they don’t introduce VAR like in football we’ll be ok 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, Gedward said:

It's called SIRI.

Send an email.

"The Race Director cannot come to the phone right now, please leave a message." 

• Funny 3