S&D in a very small space - Timsbury Bottom...

Gilbert

Back to your layout and I have to say it's looking absolutely wonderful and inspiring me to get on with mine some more.

I've probably missed it, but can you tell me how you have bedded in the hedgerows along the backscene?

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Back to your layout and I have to say it's looking absolutely wonderful and inspiring me to get on with mine some more.

I've probably missed it, but can you tell me how you have bedded in the hedgerows along the backscene?

I faked a fence with just uprights - using the S&D type that appear in many photos with substantial posts (?concrete) with two thin metal uprights in each gap. I then just attached the hedges (horsehair with scatter) by eye and use da bit of PVA. This photo - stolen from a Facebook page posted by Stephen Brooks shows the type with one upright in each gap but it shows what I'm on about - even if this is GWR with S&D above!

404921181_2069210810083498_1519448436667

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

That's a very convincing shape, I'll be keeping an eye on progress, I think that it's high time that I have a go too.

Its aspiring to be a small oak. Give it a go - its fun. I've been mainly influenced by Gordon Gravett and Paul Bambrick FWIW.

Chris H

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, MrWolf said:

I have both of Gordon's books and as you've probably seen on my thread, a big pile of steel wire. 

I'd better have a go.

Mine is copper wire from battery cables:

s-l1600.png.739b29980b91598b01b30765104e69ce.png

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Don't forget that it's also possible to super-glue bits of sea foam to wire branches, using the spray on 'accelerator' to ensure the glue goes hard in a few seconds.

@Re6/6 has made some superb trees on Parkend Marsh Sidings using this method:

20230611_150354.jpg.61807aed4981d85da5831b320f342abc.jpg.bf6c4410544e99ed899ee93dd7abbef6.jpg

Yes - I have a large box of sea foam which may get raided as well...the trees on Penmaenbach were done with sea foam:

51696285745_e158531d29_c.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, Gilbert said:

Today I have mainly been making trees...

53380260860_0d3912dd80_c.jpg

That looks treemendous. 

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3