The Siphon G, by Accurascale - From Milk To Mail!

• RMweb Premium

OK initial comments: -

1 - when opening watch out for the black rubber bits on the plastic inner as they catch on the underfame details & you need to take care wiggling the G out without snagging, a bit tricky!

image.png.97062e949b77b12032c7d04e629721bb.png

2 - My loose part - oddly stuck on the LH ends of the G, left of the corridor connection at the bottom. No idea why they're stuck over a seemingly identical finish underneath!

image.png.51a44bb7eea9e7f273a7275d7b1787c5.png

3 - Its heavier than my other coaches so had to go at the front of the rake

4 - The underframe details stick out a bit - check gauge clearances at platforms etc

Edited by reddragon
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, Accurascale said:

I'll just leave this here... 😊

A very enjoyable video from @Islesy , we have a lot to thank him for on this model.

Talking of videos and @Jenny Emily has posted one on You Tube and gave it a whopping 48.7/50 marks.

Edited by gwrrob
add something
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 3

20 hours ago, Cor-onGRT4 said:

Jenny Kirk has done a review of these

Needs to get her facts right. There were never used in WW1. The first of the inside frame ones did not appear until 1926.

Mike Wiltshire

• Like 7
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Coach bogie said:

Needs to get her facts right. There were never used in WW1. The first of the inside frame ones did not appear until 1926.

Mike Wiltshire

And were even briefly considered for such a role in the event of WWIII but only briefly as there were very few left by the time the idea was mooted   (Ooops, shouldn't have said that - please ignore)

• Informative/Useful 5

Well, I succumbed and ordered two: a combination of 10% discount for two, no VAT, and using my reward credit meant I paid only a little more than one full-priced Siphon G.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

At the risk of coming across as impatient, has everyone received an “we’re sending you your shiny new thing(s)” email yet? 
I ordered / paid in either December or January for a couple of maroon siphons and haven’t had any notifications or update thus far on the order portal. 

If you’re still working through the list, then apologies for the distraction! 👍🏻

best regards, 

Jon M. 

• Accurascale staff
30 minutes ago, Super-Sloth said:

At the risk of coming across as impatient, has everyone received an “we’re sending you your shiny new thing(s)” email yet? 
I ordered / paid in either December or January for a couple of maroon siphons and haven’t had any notifications or update thus far on the order portal. 

If you’re still working through the list, then apologies for the distraction! 👍🏻

best regards, 

Jon M. 

Hi Jon,

We still have an order list of four figures in size to dispatch, so it's going to take a few more days to get through them all. We're going as fast as we can though and everyone's patience is greatly appreciated. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

30 minutes ago, Super-Sloth said:

best regards, 

Jon M. 

Im still waiting for my Exclusive as well. Im sure its the sheer volume because do t forget they are dealing with the second part of the first batch of 37's now as well. 

• RMweb Gold
56 minutes ago, Super-Sloth said:

best regards, 

Jon M. 

Nothing heard yet and my first three were paid for July last year, they will be here when they get here.

Good for Accurascale that they are obviously selling their stock is high-volumes.

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Like 2
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
23 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

@AY Mod really needs to bring back the "disagree" button! 😆

Cheers!

Fran 

I slipped, I clicked the buy button ;) - Got the shipping notification late yesterday... Now the real question is will it come today.....

• Funny 2

11 minutes ago, sjrixon said:

I slipped, I clicked the buy button ;) - Got the shipping notification late yesterday... Now the real question is will it come today.....

Seems odd to have a shipping notification for an order made yesterday, when others are still awaiting. At least that's what I'm inferring from your post.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3