The Siphon G, by Accurascale - From Milk To Mail!

1 hour ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Accuramessage received. Siphons ahoy .On the way.

Are the images supplied with the email from the production batch? They are still showing the incorrect tie bar gap under the axle boxes discussed last year.

• Accurascale staff
3 minutes ago, Mark said:

Are the images supplied with the email from the production batch? They are still showing the incorrect tie bar gap under the axle boxes discussed last year.

No, they are using the website images, the production batch are with our photographer at the moment, and will be updated (and shared in detail) next week.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
Just now, McC said:

No, they are using the website images, the production batch are with our photographer at the moment, and will be updated (and shared in detail) next week.

so yesterday's 'tomorrow' isn't today then?

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Pteremy,

The news promised today from yesterday is that the Siphons are finished production, signed off and on their way from the factory. 

Cheers!

Fran 

Fran, the negativity of some people must be soul destroying!  I’ll just say that this is GREAT news and I really can’t wait for them, even if the “tie bar gap” isn’t scale perfect…….

• Like 7
  • Agree 4

• Accurascale staff
33 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

Fran, the negativity of some people must be soul destroying!  I’ll just say that this is GREAT news and I really can’t wait for them, even if the “tie bar gap” isn’t scale perfect…….

We'll have production model photos in the coming week as we said, the images on the website are still those of the decorated samples, which have been subject to much fettling :) 

• Like 12

I checked the Accurascale Web site and mine are not due for dispatch until September.  Can this be right?

• Friendly/supportive 1

14 hours ago, aureol40012 said:

Not quite sure how asking a simple question is a negative response. I have had 11 of these on order for some time and was only asking to determine if something discussed last year had been addressed in the final production batch. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, McC said:

If you are referring to the Siphon - no :) Drop the team a line to check https://www.accurascale.com/pages/contact

My bad. 🙄 This was from the original order confirmation, so was an early estimate of the timing. I did drop them a line but realised my mistake in the meantime.   They will be delivered as soon as they are in stock 😀

• Friendly/supportive 2

• Accurascale staff

Hi Mark,

Beauty shots currently being processed. A lot of work goes into them and there are a lot of siphons to be shot. We will also have them on our stand at Ally Pally this weekend if you’re in the area.

Once they’re uploaded we will post an update in here.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Mark,

Beauty shots currently being processed. A lot of work goes into them and there are a lot of siphons to be shot. We will also have them on our stand at Ally Pally this weekend if you’re in the area.

Once they’re uploaded we will post an update in here.

Cheers!

Fran

Thanks. 

Mark

• RMweb Premium

I had some ordered but have had to cancel because I hadn't anywhere suitable to run them.  But one the product is there to behold I could well reinstate the order.  Looking forward to them.

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

I had some ordered but have had to cancel because I hadn't anywhere suitable to run them.  But one the product is there to behold I could well reinstate the order.  Looking forward to them.

They got everywhere Rick although that was more the case in BR days.  Mind you having said that they were not at all common on most branchlines, (G)WR included.

• Informative/Useful 3

The Stationmaster is right: I can't recall seeing any Siphon Gs in photos of branchlines except one and that was Cardigan. One was attached to the morning mixed train with a single brake 2nd coach plus whatever wagons were on offer. 

David C

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

I’ve seen one being used as a grotto for Santa on the SVR if you can class Kidderminster to Bridgnorth as a typical GWR branch.

But don’t forget, a Syphon-G is for life, not just Christmas. 

Roy

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, David C said:

The Stationmaster is right: I can't recall seeing any Siphon Gs in photos of branchlines except one and that was Cardigan. One was attached to the morning mixed train with a single brake 2nd coach plus whatever wagons were on offer. 

David C

would you consider the Cheddar Valley line a branch?   Plenty of photos of siphons there. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

They got everywhere Rick although that was more the case in BR days.  Mind you having said that they were not at all common on most branchlines, (G)WR included.

Mike.  You might know.  

I have clear memory of the DPUs towing a couple of vans up and down the Thames Valley.  I used to be a "watcher" at West Drayton where they came through at speed.  So far as I recall none of those were ever Siphon Gs.  But were they???  

• RMweb Gold

A gangwayed bogie NPCCS vehicle is probably not going to see a lot of use on branch lines for the same reason as BGs, GUVs, GLVs, Southern Bs, and any other sort of bogie NPCCS didn't; by and large there was not traffic to justify them.  They are fundamentally main line beasts.  Of course, there will be examples that people can quote and probably photographic evidence, and occasionally a branch will generate a specific traffic that requires such vehicles; Clark's shoes from Glastonbury and Street on the Highbridge Branch for example.

I have justified such stock at Cwmdimbath by a shameless Rule 1 excuse; a large mail order company has a distribution centre on the branch, though not modelled, and is serviced daily by a train of NPCCS stock originating from Cardiff, but worked by Tondu men from Tondu with a Tondu locomotive.  Because of the direction the centre's sidings face, the train has to come up to the terminus to run around before it can be shunted.  I've brought real railway history into play here; the imaginary distribution warehouse is on a stub of the Hendreforgan/Gilfach Goch branch at Glynogwr, where the old tramway that the Cwmdimbath Branch is based on left it.  Another shameless excuse is the Ogmore Forest Pigeon Fanciers Association, which sometimes charters a special in the evenings when a path can be more easily found for it.  NPCCS with fold-down shelves to carry the baskets are essential for this, and Siphons had these.  But there is really very little excuse for such vehicles in this area of South Wales, and the same can be said for branch lines in general.

I am fairly certain however that very few branch line modellers will be swayed by this, and the AS Siphon will appear anyway.  Rule 1 rules!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

In the new book on Siphons coming very soon from Wild Swan, (heavily illustrated, many plans, tons of information and all penned by maestro John Lewis) there are from memory photographs of bogie siphons at three branch termini, so not a completely unknown phenomenon.

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1