No sound on tts Flying Scotsman

Chameleon

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to sound like a computer support desk, but are you running your Flying Scotsman on DCC?  TTS doesn't work under analogue control.

Then, assuming that you are running under DCC and the loco is responding correctly,  the F1 key on your DCC controller will toggle sound on/off

Here's a link to the TTS instruction sheet for A1/A3 steam locos

https://support.Hornby.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360016120100-A1-A3-Steam-Loco-TTS-Sound-Manual

• Like 2

Could be as simple as a duff speaker, but they normally crackle -  or has the master sound volume been set to zero - default is 4. Check user manual for the master volume CV as it can be different on different models.

It’s on DCC on a Hornby Elite system. I’ve tried F1 to turn the sound on to no avail. I have noticed there is a bit of a pause before it starts to move so I’m thinking it’s trying to play the sounds before it moves? Should it start right away when the sound is turned off? 
im thinking of a factory reset to see if it’ll clear any errant settings. 

• Informative/Useful 1

Yes some TTS chips pause before the loco moves as it allows for some sounds to play before the loco moves off. As RAF96 says, it could be a speaker (wire come adrift?) but a re-set would be a good place to start. I have a Merchant Navy with TTS which plays up in as much as it works fine and then loses the sound until you re-set it (Zimo decoder on the way!).

• Agree 1