Lenz 100 and LDT RS8 Block detection help

maidstone

Hi - I am in the process of trying to set up a new layout using my Lenz 100 3.6, Railroad & Co and LDT RS 8. Having looked at the LDT website, I thought it looked fairly straight forward but the diagrams are confusing me and I have failed to find information about the use of additional dropper around the layout.

The LDT diagram is clear in terms of the feed back bus but only show one connection to the track at J & K with no further connections shown. Does that mean that track power is only provided by the feed back bus or are additional droppers applied around the track as normally used?
I have approached LDT for help but as yet only received an acknowledgment to my request but no answers.

Any help with this subject would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Ted

I use RS-8 and Lenz LZV10 and LH100.

Wiring to RS-8

18V AC to AC inputs

RS from LZV100 to RS inputs

JK from LZV100 to IN1 and IN2

Output from ports 1 to 8 to JK rails on track.

See my post "Littfinski RS-8 won't program" for image of my wiring setup. NOTE JK from JK bus now added to IN2 to solve my problem.

The only connection to track is from ports 1 to 8.

I have an AC bus round my layout and a JK and RS bus from the LZV100; these buses feed my RS-8s.

Hope this helps?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

I did post earlier explaining the diagram on the website which shows that you can feed one rail continuously and directly from the command station without any isolating breaks (with appropriate use of droppers to ensure continuity of course) and use isolated sections  on the other rail with just one feed to each from the RS8 outputs.  As athegn indicated above, it is important to correctly wire the RS8 to power and track feeds.

I’m guessing my post was in the duplicate topic and was just deleted along with it.

Edited by BoD

• RMweb Gold

It is also feasible to run some sections with both rails directly supplied from your track bus - as long as the k rail is isolated  from sections supplied by the RS8. These sections obviously won’t be ‘monitored’  but will free up outputs from the RS8 to allow you more monitored blocks.  

The voltage supplied by the RS8 is slightly lower than that supplied directly but there is a way of dealing with this if it causes a problem.

The  actual number of, and location of,  monitored blocks  is another issue altogether.