Identifying these coach roofs (00)

ianmacc

Hi. Obtained a few of these and wondering whom the manufacturer is please. Have the retaining lug at each end like the old triang mark one but they’re more detailed than that type. Marked L7789 in the roof. My guess is Mainline or something. Just curious thanks 

94DF9C1D-7FB0-4EEB-A262-9DA154DC4EBB.jpeg

E99B616E-541C-49A5-B1DB-D8F5ED7FC790.jpeg

7E248017-EE93-46B4-B4DC-1210B6A908CD.jpeg

34 minutes ago, ianmacc said:

Interesting. That rules out the mark on e which was what it looks like. 

They had refurbished the Mark One about the same time, often found in train sets. They later got flush glazing. Then replaced with the new version.

The others are Airfix later Dapol. Still available until recently and were also released in kit form.

LMS mainline Lavatory stock rather than suburban. Built for traffic between cities where corridors weren't needed. Later they did become suburban/branchline stock. 

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport
  • Thanks 1

Yes, Hornby. They cannot be Mainline or Lima, the only other contemporary mark 1 coaches. The Mainline roofs were integrally moulded with the sides and ends, while the Lima ones were also part of their glazing.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, ianmacc said:

Thanks everyone. I saw someone make a pretend low budget class 501 from the triang suburbans so maybe there is the start of a freelance EMU in the making!

I have made a start on a set of LMS North London EMU, using Dapol non-gangway coaches.

001a.jpg.1f3b95d2080ab8256ced1c6af66b010b.jpg

Driving Second

003a.jpg.45eebc22ad0946c22a01e2b46f630556.jpg

Composite Trailer, which on my model is powered by a Replica powered underframe. I tend to put the power unit in the middle of EMUs and DMUs to reduce the number of coaches being pushed in both directions.

006a.jpg.dea9631ae6226f07f7348158a3823bb8.jpg

Driving Motor Brake Second.

• Craftsmanship/clever 1