Gopher

8 hours ago, lmsforever said:

Thanks Clive   wish someone would do a nun then I could do a group walking through my village and people standing back saw this in Ireland once.   Had covid but okay now . Chris 

Glad you are recovered from Covid Chris.

Yes nuns are rarely seen on model railway layouts (or in real life any more).  The other thing I recall from the 1960s and 70s is more servicemen in uniform.  

Clive

Get my excuses in first for some poor photos of Station Rd, and Dewchurch station concourse.

I did not switch on the layout lighting when i took the photos, so had to manipulate them a bit on my PC.  Hence the grainy, dim lighting effect.  

IMG_5430.JPG

IMG_5431.JPG

IMG_5432.JPG

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Gopher said:

Goods yard - looks like there has been a shower of rain.  The lorry is another Road Transport Images model I made a few years ago.   This one is in BRS livery

IMG_5382.JPG

Is the rain effect deliberate, and if so, how is it achieved, please? 

11 hours ago, Nevermakeit said:

Is the rain effect deliberate, and if so, how is it achieved, please? 

Not deliberate, a pure fluke (or lucky accident).  I did not realise the surface had a slight sheen until I took the photo.  The surface is Redutex paving which I have applied Humbrol weathering powder to, plus some diluted washes. 

Thanks for viewing my thread

Clive 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Gopher said:

Goods yard and weigh bridge.  The Redutex paving looks more matt from this angle than in the  photo earlier in the thread    

IMG_5428.JPG

IMG_5429.JPG

That's coz the rain's stopped.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

Some goods yard photos.  Pannier 64xx is the latest addition to the loco fleet.  I'm still not totally happy with my weathering of this loco.  So no doubt will give it further attention.  It was a second hand buy, and runs beautifully, mainly because as well as a sound decoder it also has a stay alive fitted.  All thanks to Richard at Roads and Rails (no connection other than a satisfied customer)   

20221001_174322.jpg

20221002_163307.jpg

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 15

• RMweb Premium
On 10/10/2022 at 08:12, Gopher said:

Goods yard and weigh bridge.  The Redutex paving looks more matt from this angle than in the  photo earlier in the thread    

IMG_5428.JPG

IMG_5429.JPG

Very impressed with your very large crate (among a lot more of course). Could I ask how you did your stencilling?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Edward said:

Very impressed with your very large crate (among a lot more of course). Could I ask how you did your stencilling?

Thanks Edward. The crates are a kit item from Proses.

https://proses.com/prestashop/wagon-loads/78-2-x-machine-parts-gears-kit.html

They are HO scale but that does not really matter given their size.  The good news is they are already stencilled.

Thanks for reading and commenting on my thread

Best Wishes

Clive.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2