Gopher

Platform 1.  I wanted to use some vegetation to hide the gap between the canopy pillars and the platform.  Not sure my choice of scatter was correct as it looks as if there is some kind of vegetable growing at the base of the pillars.  Another one for my snag it list. 

The layout is due it's Autumn clean - where I remove everything that is not permanently fixed down, to clean, vacuum etc, and also give the track a good clean.  I think I'll tackle my snag it list at the same time. 

20240630_133417.jpg.c8215648d161ba93e6505e29f2beeb1c.jpg

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 6

More detail added to the turret.  We now have the rear turret bustle, aux generator, wind sensor, smoke dischargers, IFF panels (still one to install at the rear).  I am fast approaching completion of the build.  The hausers need painting and installing on the turret sides.  That just leaves the Commander, and loaders machine guns to paint and install.

I plan to add the last IFF panel to the rear of the turret and then weather the whole thing before adding the hausers and machine guns.  Last up will be the Commander figure and some of the accessories (fuel cans, water cans, pelican boxes, packs and bags). 

With regard to other accessories I'm toying with either spraying a tissue then folding it and binding it with strips of masking tape (gives quite a good representation of a large canvas sheet) Photo below of one I made for the Leopard tank.  Or spread some PVA mixed with a suitable paint colour on a glass like surface.  Let it fully dry, and then gently peel it off (hopefully intact).  Wrap and glue it  gently around some sausage shaped kitchen foil.  Make the straps from masking tape - this gives an excellent representation of a rolled up polythene ground sheet.  Where's Valerie Singleton from Blue Peter when you need her       

20241018_174928.jpg

20241018_175354.jpg

20241018_175348.jpg

20241019_145807.jpg

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 8

I've nearly completed the weathering on the turret.  Next step is a mist of buff paint to blend it all in, then some matt varnish to seal it all.  You can probably see I've gone for a well used battle worn look.

20241020_162815.jpg

20241020_162721.jpg

20241020_162855.jpg

20241020_162749.jpg

20241020_162636.jpg

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4