Gopher

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, Gopher said:

One of those back alleys off George Street, leading to ??

20221130_144801.jpg

Lovely attention to those once ubiquitous items of everyday living us chaps of a certain age know so well. 

I like the lead flashing which show some undulation over the valley gutter slates. Please can you reveal your technique?

Bill

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, longchap said:

Lovely attention to those once ubiquitous items of everyday living us chaps of a certain age know so well. 

I like the lead flashing which show some undulation over the valley gutter slates. Please can you reveal your technique?

Bill

I also liked the curtains, and that the lower halves of toilet/bathroom windows are painted over.  As you say, nice attention to detail that makes the scene.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, longchap said:

Bill

Thanks Bill.  The lead flashing is strips of Tamiya masking tape cut to size and painted with Tamiya gun metal paint.  I find it sticks well to the plastic, and is easily pealed off  without leaving any kind of residue.

Clive

3 hours ago, Graham T said:

I also liked the curtains, and that the lower halves of toilet/bathroom windows are painted over.  As you say, nice attention to detail that makes the scene.

Thanks Graham - as you guessed simply white acrylic paint, painted onto the clear plastic, I find gives quite a good impression of net curtains.  The other curtains are, strips of paper, painted in various colours and, stuck inside the windows  

Clive

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Thanks Bill.  The lead flashing is strips of Tamiya masking tape cut to size and painted with Tamiya gun metal paint.  I find it sticks well to the plastic, and is easily pealed off  without leaving any kind of residue.

Thanks Clive, most useful and I have several thickness of said masking tape in stock, so will experiment.

Bill

• Like 1

Foremarke Hall parked outside the sand furnace.  This is a Bachmann model renamed and renumbered by me as a reminder of my day on it's footplate on a steam experience course on the Gloucester and Warwickshire railway.   Great day.  

20221130_144643.jpg

• Like 17
  • Round of applause 1

48 minutes ago, Fishplate said:

Very nice pics.

"Zealous the Enthusiastic Engine" appears to be missing from the Rev Awdry s writings though. . .

Thanks -

That is a good point about Zealous 😆.  I wonder whether Gordon cancelled him, or ghosted him (or is it her).  No idea if these are the correct terms, in our modern media language.  

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Gopher said:

Thanks -

That is a good point about Zealous 😆.  I wonder whether Gordon cancelled him, or ghosted him (or is it her).  No idea if these are the correct terms, in our modern media language.  

I wouldn't worry about it, no matter you say somebody will say that you're wrong, so you might as well just get on with it! 🤪

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Gopher said:

I call this "A Study in Tenders".  Just waiting for a call from a very rich collector of art to make me an offer I will refuse. 

20221210_130218.jpg

If you'd dimmed the lights you could've called it Tender is the Night.

• Round of applause 3
  • Funny 2