Armadilloville Diaries: a video compilation simply for the fun of it.

It started as a joke, when a dear friend and rivet counter, a Class One railroad engineer, and model railroader (talk about a bus man's holiday) gave me a Tyco Pipe un-loader as a gag gift.  Little did I realize it, it became a bit of a slippery slope. Tyco, and its knock offs, is generally considered junk by serious model railroaders, though many got there start in it. Cheap and abundant, it is often found stowed under tables at model train shows and stowed in the "dollar bin" at model train shops, large and small. In the hands of the unwary, it is the crack cocaine of model railroading. I was unwary, and soon it began to over run me. At this point, in seems wise to reign in my enthusiasm, at least a bit, and it is slated to be chopped from a 4x8 to a large micro 4x4. I will be doing some serious, and at times, painful, herd thinning. Tyco, unbeknownst to me, produced a truly astonishing array of HO model train stuff since its inception in the UK in about 1927, went through several owners, including General Foods, in its later years. 

As things transpired, it only seemed natural to incorporate my varied interests of paleontology, theology, trolleys, trolley buses, folk music, and other wonders of our age, like nuclear power. Thus, the back story is something along the lines, a la Jurassic Park, and Jujanji, got fired up by spillage from the sinister Jade Fog plant (an intellectual creation of friend and graphic artist, El Rojo Grande) and leakage from the Armadilloville Nuclear Power Plant, combined to ignite long dormant dinosaur fossils into marauding beasts and animals, such as armadillos and other dinosaurs. If you look carefully, you will see the blue Rock Island box car contains a roasted pterodactyl. It just keeps getting worse. But, the entire creation is slated for demolition and reduction to a micro layout in the near future, as time permits. 

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2

No Worries

Every generation has its catch phrases, "Groovy," or "Totally tubular," etc. Today's catch phrase, "No worries," is like finger nails upon the chalk board. My response:

The Sweet Life

Edited by Chops
Add attachment