Not Jeremy

Bought the only copy on the shelf in Smiffs Darlington this morning. First time this year I have managed to get a copy over the counter and not via Her Majesty's Mail Service.

That's my evening sorted with a nice bottle of rum and assorted mixers to help me "relax" :imsohappy:

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I must go down to the shop again

To the shop again and buy....

Up early this AM, so I ventured forth in the rain and now have something to while away Sunday afternoon with!

Given the weather, it'll be a big mug of tea in the lounge, rather than the patio with something long and cold...

Edited by Hroth
  • Funny 1

Rosehearty has to be one of my favourite ever layouts, just fabulous. The sort of layout that I would love to have and in 7mm with sound! I've just found the thread on here about it to read too!

Layout Topics - Rosehearty

On a more prosaic note, have they changed the printer/paper used? The magazine felt and smelt different, but it might just be that it is the first time I've picked it up from Smiffs in 18 months or so!

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Rumblestripe said:

Bought the only copy on the shelf in Smiffs Darlington this morning. First time this year I have managed to get a copy over the counter and not via Her Majesty's Mail Service.

That's my evening sorted with a nice bottle of rum and assorted mixers to help me "relax" :imsohappy:

I bought one late afternoon as well, so clearly had more in stock out the back.

• Like 1

On 07/08/2021 at 10:26, Rumblestripe said:

On a more prosaic note, have they changed the printer/paper used? The magazine felt and smelt different, but it might just be that it is the first time I've picked it up from Smiffs in 18 months or so!

The printer changed from Amadeus Press to Elgar Books Ltd with effect from issue 282.  To my eyes, the paper and reproduction are as good as they ever were.

Nick M.

Edited by Wuggie Norple
grammar
  • Informative/Useful 1

18 hours ago, Wuggie Norple said:

To my eyes, the paper and reproduction are as good as they ever were

Yes, they. I just thought the paper smelt and felt different.

One point from the magazine. One of the letters (Geoff Kent) quotes the use of "scraper cutters" from a company called "Essdee". He lists the postcode as DY117SY and guesses it is a Derby postcode. I used to work for the Post Office in Operations so knew it wasn't Derby (DE) so I popped the postcode into Google maps and lo and behold

image.png.3c666deea55a529e78e49708af7bdb91.png

Essdee exists in Kidderminster! They also have a website and sell via Am*z*n too.

Just thought I'd share.

• Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...

I wonder if anyone can tell me.  Since MRJ now seems to be being packed and posted by the printers (or a fulfillment house) do they still put a reminder slip in when it's the last issue of your subs?  I only ask since I can't quite remember when my current batch of 4 issues runs out.....

If not, I think I'm probably best to send Cygnet a cheque and ask that they add 4 on to whenever my previous subscription runs out!

Thanks

Alastair

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, clarkea1 said:

I wonder if anyone can tell me.  Since MRJ now seems to be being packed and posted by the printers (or a fulfillment house) do they still put a reminder slip in when it's the last issue of your subs?  I only ask since I can't quite remember when my current batch of 4 issues runs out.....

Yes.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, clarkea1 said:

If not, I think I'm probably best to send Cygnet a cheque and ask that they add 4 on to whenever my previous subscription runs out!

Thanks

Alastair

IIRC, If you look at the address label when it’s delivered, the last issue number of your current subs in in brackets after your name.

• Informative/Useful 1