Interesting and inspiring photos from Flickr....

• RMweb Premium

If you go to the Flickr site where this appears you will see that Bernard Mills is quoted as saying it's north of Bere Alston and that is the Calstock Viaduct in the background.  It looks more like Calstock than Forder to me (Forder isn't so tall) and it would account for the SR stock.  Bernard is something of a legend down west so I think we can bow to his knowledge.

Arghh don't show me that - do you know how many times I went to Victoria but never ventured into Exchange when it was still standing.

It's like I was blind to the architecture stood right there in front of me, I didn't venture into Trafford Park either on my bike when I could have and I missed ever seeing Throstles Nest Junction with track or much of the on street track in situ around the park.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

21 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Arghh don't show me that - do you know how many times I went to Victoria but never ventured into Exchange when it was still standing.

It's like I was blind to the architecture stood right there in front of me, I didn't venture into Trafford Park either on my bike when I could have and I missed ever seeing Throstles Nest Junction with track or much of the on street track in situ around the park.

Ditto...

• Friendly/supportive 2

I went over to Scottish railways after a long time modeling the Yorkshire world ,I model the South West and am enjoying my modeling againi used to drive along the road at the back of Old Oak and have a look at what was on shed probably all yellow lines now. 

On 05/02/2023 at 17:53, montyburns56 said:

'Duchess Of Hamilton' Manchester Exchange 1980 by Anthony Guppy

46229 'Duchess of Hamilton' exits Manchester Exchange

On 05/02/2023 at 17:53, montyburns56 said:

'Duchess Of Hamilton' Manchester Exchange 1980 by Anthony Guppy

46229 'Duchess of Hamilton' exits Manchester Exchange

Something to do with "Rocket 150"? I remember the trains to Rainhill used Exchange.

• Like 1