SWAG Member's Day - 24th April 2022

Stubby47

• RMweb Gold

Thank you Phil for the live feed, hope you all have a good day.

Is it just me, but my Facebook feed crashed at that shirt and had to restart. Is that a whole new level in bad shirt power?😉

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

Courgette, lime and curd cake  20220424_105511.jpg

Sorry Phil, but it’s not Cake, adding cake to vegetable words like carrot or courgette should be maintained in the main part of the menu only. 
The true Cake should only contain ingredients whose calorific value make nutritionists wince, or worse. 

So I think once you’ve finished your main course above you should look for some proper Cake

B5FC62FE-A8FC-4598-8764-9A0CD592E0B2.jpeg.7c1b284f414bdcbd6b9170a95050cfd5.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

So is SWAG actually a day out for blokes on SWMBO controlled diets a chance to pig out on forbidden food.

'Just off to the railway exhibition love'

'Have you got the sandwiches I made for you'

'Yes love, see you later'

Arrives at show, all that is on show is cake and pasties, blokes in heaven.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Good layouts, picked up some bargains, cracking grub ad a bit of chin wag. Home now from a very good day out. Thanks to everyone who organised it and brought the for sale goodies.

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Hope everyone had a good time and keep the pics coming please for those unable to make it. Was rather looking forward to the excellent pasties / pie / cakes along with a good natter.

Heres hoping it will return in 2023.

(I was planning to attend until my 4 year old niece sneezed in my face last weekend and gave me the cold from hell)

Edited by phil-b259
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold

Sherry and I had a smashing couple of hours, so a big thankyou to all concerned. As at every such event, I was delighted to put some faces to names and layouts, and frankly the quality of the latter was absolutely excellent. Graham and Peter in the kitchen were doing sterling service, so thanks to them, too.

As a post-Covid reintroduction to model railway exhibitions, this was simply top-drawer. Well done, all!  

• Like 8
  • Agree 6
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold

Great  pastie, great cake, great layouts and a really great day!

roll on next year!  

Came away with a nice selection of bits from BG Man’s bizarre, and some Lenz dcc kit (time to find a transformer for it and to work out how to connect my ztc 511).  As ever following the members day I am really inspired to crack on with some modelling, only question is which project to go first!

roll on next year!

• Like 7