Diesel Era magazine acquired by White River

• RMweb Premium

Just seen that White River (Railfan & Railroad, etc) have acquired Diesel Era.

I enquired on their Facebook thread about UK availability which in recent years has ranged from patchy to non existent. 

The indication is that UK availability will  be improved and a decision is awaited regarding digital versions.

I await developments with interest. 

Back issues still have to be obtained from the old publisher unfortunately as I am seeking Volume 18, No 2 from 2007 and an email to the old publishers regarding cost of shipping to the UK has gone unanswered. 

Edited by John M Upton

White River have been steadily expanding their portfolio over the last few years.

As a Subscriber to Railpace since around 2003, apart from the new owners putting the International subscription up after taking it over about 18 months ago, dispatch to the UK has not changed and they generally appear here within 2 weeks of publication. I assume that Diesel Era magazine will now be just as easilly available as their other mags are on this side of the Atlantic.

1 hour ago, John M Upton said:

Back issues still have to be obtained from the old publisher unfortunately as I am seeking Volume 18, No 2 from 2007 and an email to the old publishers regarding cost of shipping to the UK has gone unanswered. 

Well, depending on how much you are will to pay I see someone offering that issue with claims the magazine is in good condition on eBay that ships worldwide.

• RMweb Premium

A fellow RMWebber just offered me a copy for a appropriate sum so the third part of the Southern Pacific GP9 article may soon be in my hands.  I have had the two preceding parts ever since they were first published, you could buy it in Ian Allan in Waterloo in those days....

• Like 1