Steam loco cab window bars

Guest Jack Benson

Guest Jack Benson

Is anyone aware of an 4mm etch being available for upgrading cab windows by installing the vertical bars that protect the glass? Just about discernible in this view.

Thank yoiu

9DDE74A5-453C-432F-BAED-7862F7D024BD.jpeg.37c0c82eabd1ca56fafc6bf01cd6b0e2.jpeg

Hi Jack,

I think that there are too many variation to size and shape of the windows that there will be a standard fret for them. You might be able to get them for specific engines in detailing kits. I use very fine brass wire for hand rails when I put them on.

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Jack Benson said:

Is anyone aware of an 4mm etch being available for upgrading cab windows by installing the vertical bars that protect the glass? Just about discernible in this view.

Thank yoiu

9DDE74A5-453C-432F-BAED-7862F7D024BD.jpeg.37c0c82eabd1ca56fafc6bf01cd6b0e2.jpeg

https://www.wizardmodels.ltd/?s=spectacle&post_type=product&title=1&excerpt=1&content=1&categories=1&attributes=1&tags=0&sku=1&orderby=date-DESC&ixwps=1

John Isherwood.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

4 hours ago, cypherman said:

Hi Jack,

I think that there are too many variation to size and shape of the windows that there will be a standard fret for them. You might be able to get them for specific engines in detailing kits. I use very fine brass wire for hand rails when I put them on.

Even in 7mm wire is the way to go. One day I will get round to making a jig for drilling the holes.