Chuffnell Regis

Graham T

• RMweb Gold

Well, here are the finished handrails.  I think this is as good as I'm going to get with my level of soldering "ability"!

image.png.b0dea39b050a0e3afd389c5ff3698618.png

Edited by Graham T
  • Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 9
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Do I detect the slightest hint of sarcasm in that post Neal?

Did I miss something?

Been out on a 7.5km race in the rain this morning, then a long lazily lunch :beee: Living the dream :-)

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Neal Ball said:

Did I miss something?

Been out on a 7.5km race in the rain this morning, then a long lazily lunch :beee: Living the dream :-)

I just thought you might have been alluding to the godawful instructions supplied with some types of turntable....

7.5km race? I've had about a 100km race today, plus a full workout! :D

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

So, here's the t***table with ladders and handrails added.  The handrails might be a touch high maybe, and they're certainly not as straight and square as they should be - but I think this is about the best I can do within the limits of my modelling ability.  Good enough for government work, anyway.

I might get some paint onto it tomorrow, all being well.  It's occurred to me that getting the dark stone onto the inner faces of the girders might be a bit ticklish...

image.png.5c51c00ca339b6a65e1dc1813d102afc.png

Edited by Graham T
  • Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 8

Those handrails look absolutely fine from here, besides, they would probably have got bashed about a fair bit.

As for cheating in races, I notice at the marathon there's always a couple of blokes out in front on big BMWs...

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, MrWolf said:

As for cheating in races, I notice at the marathon there's always a couple of blokes out in front on big BMWs...

I've seen those cheats too - they even have a go at the Tour de France!!!

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

A quick update on today's progress.  I've painted the decking, and am now making a start on the light and dark stone parts.  I'm afraid to say that I'm really not a great fan of the Railmatch paints so far.  I can't comment either way on how accurate or not the colours might be, I assume they're good; but the coverage is pretty poor, even after very thoroughly shaking and stirring the paint.  Ah well.

image.png.995f3bf9fbf5bbcca6d863bcbf98f042.png

Edited by Graham T
  • Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Sloooooow progress on getting the girders painted.  But getting there slowly.  I don't really like how the ends of the planks look - maybe cover them with a very thin strip of plasticard?  

image.png.1cdaa46d72e396883ef968b790c0c78b.png

Edited by Graham T
  • Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

I'd be tempted to cover them up with a bit of 5 'thou strip, butted up under the lower flange of the girder so that it all looks like one solid structure and lose not only the plank ends but the gap  between them and the girder.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Well, there didn't seem any point in hanging about, so the fix has been applied.  Looks better, I think?

image.png.95ed191002f9c4ded415ab0976b87a15.png

Edited by Graham T
  • Like 5
  • Agree 8

• RMweb Gold

I've more or less finished painting and weathering the water crane, I think.  The base will get a bit more treatment once it's been fixed to the baseboard, so that it blends in properly.

image.png.7d0f12b1122cd47e1a2b1c5341a27907.png

Edited by Graham T
  • Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold

I've finally finished painting the t***table!  Well, more or less.  It needs a little bit of weathering, and the warning signs added at each end of the girders.  Once that's done I can get the groundwork finished around the table and the shed.  I'm looking forward to doing that!

image.png.88ab9ffa1156779a9cfaa8f8709edeb6.png

Edited by Graham T
  • Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3
  • Round of applause 3

• RMweb Gold

The water crane is finished too, although I still need to fix down the fire devil and the drain hopper.  I'm also going to add a post for the chain to be hooked to, I think.

image.png.758bafd99d49a79840e3833b624e882b.png

Edited by Graham T
  • Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Graham T said:

I've finally finished painting the t***table!  Well, more or less.  It needs a little bit of weathering, and the warning signs added at each end of the girders.  Once that's done I can get the groundwork finished around the table and the shed.  I'm looking forward to doing that!

IMG20220310215655.jpg.34d059ebf26dd0f529ef58852ab2b04c.jpg

That looks really quite good!

Paul.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Graham T said:

IMG20220310215655.jpg.34d059ebf26dd0f529ef58852ab2b04c.jpg

1 hour ago, Graham T said:

The water crane is finished too, although I still need to fix down the fire devil and the drain hopper.  I'm also going to add a post for the chain to be hooked to, I think.

IMG20220310215723.jpg.aa32bc5d1072518b263cc72c70dcf5ff.jpg

Excellent work Graham, just needs some crew ready for the next shift….

The T*******e looks really good.