On 04/07/2024 at 18:12, adb968008 said:

Thats like watching a horror scene.

Nearly like what we had to do to the real thing if you remember lol

Edited by 25901
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
On 03/07/2024 at 10:10, BR traction instructor said:

20-30 SLW type 2s played their part in Mostyn being awarded Best Technical Layout (Jimmy Robertson trophy) at Perth too.

Lucky to have so many SLW type 2s. I would be happy with just one = Class 25 (D7599).

Edited by zr2498
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Just a short video to showcase the amazing sound on this model.  To my ears, it is much better than the sound offering on a number of other recent releases - good though they are too.  Enjoy.

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Dare I ask if any body out there is getting a delivery of sound fitted D7599. I am still waiting patiently, as advised but would like to get an idea when it might be with me. If the delivery is based on order number / date of order, then if someone would be so kind as to indicate what number we are up to, that might help to make an estimate.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

There’s a rat infestation at Abbotswood!!! 

IMG_0675.jpeg.3e98cc6a5d3e167c9094ce42dc088109.jpeg

IMG_0676.jpeg.0f7f7d465ec0e5adeb4b0b5d62410d74.jpeg

IMG_0674.jpeg.c8db6ab37a4218d5fa274c4c6ce8fc30.jpeg

James is doing a great job renumbering and weathering… 7532 7600 7651 are from D7599 …. BFYE is currently anonymous, was D7674, waiting a proper job. 7651 is the lead loco of the double header, weathering in progress to look like repainting following coolant overflow 

The clearing point of the line from Norton Jct, where the double headed train is stood, looks perilously short... 😉

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

The clearing point of the line from Norton Jct, where the double headed train is stood, looks perilously short... 😉

Yellow card...

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gilbert said:

Yellow card...

For Tim or me? 😀

1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

It is! And just the same in the opposite direction I am afraid. Siting things the way they are is the only way to have 5ft radius curves and still retain the ability to hold a full length train between the junctions … despite having 27 feet to play with!! 

But please feel free to use that photo to illustrate appalling model railway signalling practices 😉

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

Are people still receiving their sound fitted versions? 

Still unpatiently waiting for mine, don't want to ring as we have been advised not to, but this wait is becoming rather frustrating now! Should I just ring them?

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Simon stewart said:

Still unpatiently waiting for mine, don't want to ring as we have been advised not to, but this wait is becoming rather frustrating now! Should I just ring them?

Nope, still awaiting mine

T-T

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, xm607 said:

Is there a time scale for the forthcoming releases, I am still waiting for the early blue version.

On the SWL web site against each loco it gives the expected dates - all blue early are Winter 24.

However, there might be quite a difference between expected at SLW, and when you might receive it. I have no idea if the despatch of future models will be speedier than the first two 25s.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Simon stewart said:

1 hour ago, tinsley-toton said:

Nope, still awaiting mine

T-T

I'd avoided ringing until now but with holiday season nearly I needed to check to ensure my model didn't get sent whilst I was away. My order for a sound fitted example of the first release was made in August 2021 and it looks like delivery will reach the front of the queue around August this year. Hope that helps.

• Informative/Useful 1

For info I phoned a while back to change credit card details and also to order a D5234 (strangely, I did the same with another supplier but when I attempted to do this with Accurascale I found out their system does not support this (I think it’s outsourced), but I will receive an invoice and request to update when they attempt to take the payment due against the expired credit card - however I’m hoping it all goes smoothly 😵‍💫

I was told my D7599 was imminent (I ordered it and D7666 in April 2021) and also that they were anticipating the next consignment (which D7666 is in) imminently. I was wondering if they might hold on and send both together. That is the earliest blue one available (one of the 18 built in blue winter 1966/67). I was told D5234 and others from that batch were due currently at the end of 2024. 

UPDATE - payment taken today so D7599 delivery imminent 😀

Edited by MidlandRed
  • Like 1

On 17/07/2024 at 16:45, MidlandRed said:

For info I phoned a while back to change credit card details and also to order a D5234 (strangely, I did the same with another supplier but when I attempted to do this with Accurascale I found out their system does not support this (I think it’s outsourced), but I will receive an invoice and request to update when they attempt to take the payment due against the expired credit card - however I’m hoping it all goes smoothly 😵‍💫

I was told my D7599 was imminent (I ordered it and D7666 in April 2021) and also that they were anticipating the next consignment (which D7666 is in) imminently. I was wondering if they might hold on and send both together. That is the earliest blue one available (one of the 18 built in blue winter 1966/67). I was told D5234 and others from that batch were due currently at the end of 2024. 

UPDATE - payment taken today so D7599 delivery imminent 😀

As I’ve posted here before, they had to manually split my orders for my 2 blue ones, as otherwise neither would have been sent until the second lot arrived in winter 2024. As soon as they did that 25324 arrived within a week.

• RMweb Premium
On 24/07/2024 at 22:54, MidlandRed said:

Mine arrived earlier in the week - it’s fabulous 😀 the level of detail is stunning - I’m well pleased - looking forward to D7666 in blue. 

Mine arrived earlier in the week - it’s fabulous 😀 the level of detail is stunning - I’m well pleased - looking forward to D7666 in blue. 

IMG_6300.jpeg.14f529d717cd18cd38ea18efceea7e4d.jpeg

IMG_6294.jpeg.eaac980228952713b2368d6a2c2c525f.jpeg

Have you got a missing engine room window ?

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Gary H said:

That must be a right pain having a wrong pane.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

5 hours ago, Gary H said:

Nope - it was the lighting conditions (which I used deliberately to show some of the detail in shadow). 

I have a great deal of confidence in SLW, and given each one is thoroughly inspected before despatch there’s probably less likelihood of any issues in the first place, albeit they might take a while - indeed - 

IMG_6349.jpeg.eb6f506a3129b1e9ba1481f627684320.jpeg

Edited by MidlandRed
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, MidlandRed said:

I have a great deal of confidence in SLW, and given each one is thoroughly inspected before despatch there’s probably less likelihood of any issues in the first place, albeit they might take a while - indeed - 

Surely, there has to be a balance somewhere? It's all very well checking every minutiae of the model before despatch, but if that means customers are waiting and waiting (without any idea of how long it will take) for their delivery, then it may negatively impact on

the 'customer service' element of the suppliers performance irrespective of how good the model is.

Perhaps the same long drawn out deliveries will be forthcoming with the next batch of models? Who knows?

Yes, I have seen the Hornby Magazine review. Salt and wound comes to mind.

• Agree 3