Have your say with Rapido

rapidoandy

No, on the basis that wheel swaps may be difficult.  Longer 1/8" axles required for EM or P4 wheels, admittedly only a few thou bigger than the 3mm ones but might be tricky to refit gears.  Also not compensated.

Edited by Jeff Smith
Correction
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, Jeff Smith said:

No, on the basis that wheel swaps may be difficult.  Longer 1/4" axles required for EM or P4 wheels, admittedly only a few thou bigger than the 3mm ones but might be tricky to refit gears.  Also not compensated.

1/8", surely!?!

John Isherwood.

• Like 1

Ahem .... 1/4'' axles would be a LOT of thou bigger ! 😁 

1/8'' axles wouldn't necessarily be required if conversion kits are made available by the wheel manufacturers - though that might take time - and we can normally get away without compensation in EM gauge if the loco has enough pickup wheels.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Wickham Green too said:

... followed by an 0-3-0T.

1518_14j.JPG.ec988b8517bd208a90a8f02633896c00.JPG

National Rail Museum, Delhi, 19/3/06

I’ve driven that! 
I think a model would need to be self-powered R/C control, not many options for a normal current return path. 

• Like 1

Is Ivor the Engine on re-runs on British TV?  If not who will be buying these?  I remember these, as well as Captain Pugwash but cannot see the same nostalgia as for the Titfield Thunderbolt......

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Hello Ian and Wickham Green Too

The Far Tottering & Oyster Creek Railway was in The Quirky Poll 2019, but was Low Polling.

The Patalia State Railway was in the 2021 Poll,  but was also Low Polling.

Brian (on behalf of The Quirky Poll Team)

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Well, I've put two and two together and maybe got close to four, or even a big fat zero but, could Rapido's big announcement tomorrow be that they have acquired the rights to the Hattons Genesis Coaches tooling?

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 5

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Al51 said:

Well, I've put two and two together and maybe got close to four, or even a big fat zero but, could Rapido's big announcement tomorrow be that they have acquired the rights to the Hattons Genesis Coaches tooling?

Those already in distress over Ivor, i.e. a model of a loco that didn't exist in any 3-D form until now, would be mortified. 

Rapido is known for meticulous attention to detail. Hattons' vehicles also had enormous development resources poured into them, with wide-ranging consultation, resulting in fictional products of unprecedented plausibility. The two ranges would be entirely compatible. 

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Al51 said:

Well, I was close but no cigar!

Edited by Al51
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Tallpaul69 said:

Hi everyone,

Like the look of these Evolution 48ft bogie coaches.

Hope they produce some in early BR livery and also as engineers stock!

Cheers

Paul

They have announced that future models will be in big four and BR colours.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

8 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

They have announced that future models will be in big four and BR colours.

Useful for those BR South Wales branch line trains for non corridor stock that isn’t a B set.

And with a suitable amount of grime some miners coaches

Edited by woodenhead
  • Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

I posted this on Robin Sweet's 'A Nod to Brent' forum yesterday, but I suppose I should have posted it here first:

The generic coach is a real oddity to me. Locos and wagons are increasingly prototypical, but when it come to coaches; particularly pre-Grouping coaches, it's a case of near-enough will do.

... and where's my bl**dy U Class?

Glenn 🤪 ...

... publish and be damned!

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
44 minutes ago, mattingleycustom said:

I posted this on Robin Sweet's 'A Nod to Brent' forum yesterday, but I suppose I should have posted it here first:

The generic coach is a real oddity to me. Locos and wagons are increasingly prototypical, but when it come to coaches; particularly pre-Grouping coaches, it's a case of near-enough will do.

... and where's my bl**dy U Class?

Glenn 🤪

Me too....

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, mattingleycustom said:

Simple financial compromise / Nelson's blind eye!

The number of different coach types, compared to locos, scares off any would-be prototypical coach provider.

When it comes to wagons, these were common-user, except in the early years, so a sprinkling of each company can be combined into a believable train.

I'm glad that I have limited need for pre-grouping coaches - I could not reconcile my carefully-researched locos and wagons running with 'sort-of' coaching stock.

My personal 'red line', but I'm sure that I am far from being alone.

John Isherwood.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
On 19/09/2024 at 01:48, Jeff Smith said:

Is Ivor the Engine on re-runs on British TV?  If not who will be buying these?  I remember these, as well as Captain Pugwash but cannot see the same nostalgia as for the Titfield Thunderbolt......

Ivor merchandise has been popular in the shops on preserved lines for several years so I’d guess that means it’s selling. Theres also been a touring exhibition of the Smallfilms tv shows puppets and artwork, including Ivor, at the V&A museum of childhood and other venues and attempts to make a film. The remastering, instead of just re-release of the previous edits, of the episodes last year is a significant investment too. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 2