Have your say with Rapido

rapidoandy

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, alexl102 said:

..... On a serious note, whilst I hope this means more industrial locos, my wallet and wife hope otherwise!

I sympathise with your wallet but your wife should be happy to help pay for vital pieces of equipment for your model empire.

• Funny 3

16 hours ago, Tim Dubya said:

Don't worry about that as apparently you only need 30p a day for sustenance 😜

Yes but my toddler consumes the equivalent cost of one Rapido SECR wagon per day in fruit and crab sticks so unfortunately funds aren't endless 😆

15 hours ago, Chris116 said:

I sympathise with your wallet but your wife should be happy to help pay for vital pieces of equipment for your model empire.

I wish she saw it that way... I'm not even asking her to help pay!!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

On 10/09/2024 at 12:59, Redkiterail said:

To complement the current range in oo gauge

Met Chesham set for met 1 that is preserved on the bluebell railway met brake van

Met 1 (or any other E Class) didn't work the push-pull Chesham set, HOWEVER it would go well with a  (push-pull fitted) LNER C13 or LMS Ivatt Class 2.

We need Dreadnoughts!!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, RogerTE said:

Met 1 (or any other E Class) didn't work the push-pull Chesham set, HOWEVER it would go well with a  (push-pull fitted) LNER C13 or LMS Ivatt Class 2.

We need Dreadnoughts!!!

met 1 pulled the Chesham set preserved from the bluebell for the lul 150 event 

Edited by Redkiterail
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Redkiterail said:

Indeed, along with 353 and the milk van, seen here at Moorgate in the early hours of 10/01/2013:

rear34_moorgate

03:32 at Edgware Road, the same morning, with Met 12 on the other end:

platform_Edgware_Rd
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Dreadnoughts would be very useful for both Met and LT modellers.  Later bogies for the LT ones.  Hopefully the ex-Radley resin kits can be reintroduced - not too hard to complete but RTR versions would I'm sure find a ready market.

• Like 2

Try CDC Designs, very nice RTR Dreadnoughts, Ashbury's, Chesham Shuttle and Milk Van but not including numbers and lettering. Short runs from a small supplier that sell faster than hot cakes. Very satisfied customer with no commercial interest

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

17 hours ago, Redkiterail said:

That's ok if you model modern LT era, specifically 2013, but if, like me, you model pre-WW2 then it must be Dreadnoughts.😉

Thinking about it though, Rapido should be encouraged to produce a SECR N class, which then gives the option of a Met K class, LNER L2 class, SR W class and even the possibility of Irish GSR 372/393 classes

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Mention of Metropolitan locomotives, what about an A class? The number of different liveries are legion as with electrification many were sold off and those that remained acquired cabs and lost the condensing apparatus.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Jeff Smith said:

The multiple variations and liveries is probably a reason not to do in RTR……

If you restrict it to Metropolitan/District*/London Transport versions it would still provide plenty of variations. 

*The District Railway had their own versions of essentially the same design.

• Like 1

On 15/09/2024 at 15:52, PhilJ W said:

If you restrict it to Metropolitan/District*/London Transport versions it would still provide plenty of variations. 

*The District Railway had their own versions of essentially the same design.

It would be interesting to see one in the original Metropolitan Olive Green.

You could add the SER to the list, as some Met Locos were sold to the SER whilst being built, although the Met bought them back a couple of years later - at a reduced price!

Additionally ex-Met ones were used by the Mersey Railway and Nidd Valley Railway, as well as a couple of collieries.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, RogerTE said:

It would be interesting to see one in the original Metropolitan Olive Green.

You could add the SER to the list, as some Met Locos were sold to the SER whilst being built, although the Met bought them back a couple of years later - at a reduced price!

Additionally ex-Met ones were used by the Mersey Railway and Nidd Valley Railway, as well as a couple of collieries.

The Metropolitan District Railway had some almost identical locomotives. The principle difference was the dome was mounted on the second ring of the boiler instead of the first. Some Metropolitan examples also had this feature after reboilering. The District ones were green with red lining.

Change of subject (slightly).

Went to a Model Railway Club meeting  yesterday where there was a Met 1 and a 15xx running on the Club's 00 test track. Several of us EM and P4 modellers all made the same comment.

Rapido make amazingly detailed 00  locos that are as accurate as anything, if not better, than those produced by other manufacturers. The problem is that 00 is an incorrect gauge.

Please make your models so they can be converted to EM or P4 relatively easily.

• Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

2 hours ago, RogerTE said:

Rapido make amazingly detailed 00  locos that are as accurate as anything, if not better, than those produced by other manufacturers. The problem is that 00 is an incorrect gauge.

Please make your models so they can be converted to EM or P4 relatively easily.

Agreed, but rather than just a wheel swap please make complete decorated bodies available......

• Like 2