Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Fredo said:

Hi, for everyone’s information on an Accurascale Autumn 2023 Catalogue we picked up at MK yesterday we saw that there will probably be a second run of the Manors.

Some of us are (patiently) waiting for our orders from the first run!!

CJI.

• Agree 7
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, cctransuk said:

Some of us are (patiently) waiting for our orders from the first run!!

CJI.

Accurascale - I hate to ask, but patience wears thin; could we have a realistic update as to when those of us STILL waiting for our orders from the current release may expect to receive the models?

C. J. Isherwood.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

Accurascale - I hate to ask, but patience wears thin; could we have a realistic update as to when those of us STILL waiting for our orders from the current release may expect to receive the models?

C. J. Isherwood.

This is now getting very annoying. Dates have slipped from a January dispatch, to March, to June, July . Then the deliveries were announced in August with batch 1 arriving and batch 2 due a week later, then no updates until w/c 25th September was announced as the due date then nothing.

I know AS must be frustrated but they could at least keep us updated. I paid due to 'imminent' delivery in January!!

Edited by reddragon
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Waiting patiently is one thing; customers not being kept informed with long pregnant pauses is quite another. 

I am sure my retailer knows no more than their customers- so there is no need to hassle in that direction.

Accurascale please update even if there is more bad news.

Ed P

• Agree 2

• Accurascale staff
2 hours ago, cctransuk said:

C. J. Isherwood.

Hi John,

I can indeed update you; the manors are in our warehouse and are currently being QC checked. We could not get bodies there to do it until today due to GETS over the weekend.

Dispatch begins from tomorrow afternoon should everything be in order. 

We would like to apologise for all these delay’s regarding the manor. We know it’s not good enough and we are putting in better proceedures to mitigate these delays in the future. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks,

Fran

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

I’m also waiting for a manor from this batch and am excited like everyone else, but to the team’s defence, they did post on Facebook that the second batch had arrived in the warehouse six days ago (link for anyone who hasn’t seen it but Robin did alert us on this fine thread if I’m not mistaken -https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02wcf7VM4bHEJ2R8xTeuYPN68TJYhUCAYnE6uHtRVKNJZgEnfqFxS9SczaHCB2t1eil&id=100063660625361), I think Fran said he and a colleague have been out in China and there was GETS over the weekend too.

In the words of Mr Incredible, we’ll get there when we get there ☺️

Edit - sorry, cross over with Fran’s post there

Edited by SRyan
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, SRyan said:

I’m also waiting for a manor from this batch and am excited like everyone else, but to the team’s defence, they did post on Facebook that the second batch had arrived in the warehouse six days ago (link for anyone who hasn’t seen it but Robin did alert us on this fine thread if I’m not mistaken -https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02wcf7VM4bHEJ2R8xTeuYPN68TJYhUCAYnE6uHtRVKNJZgEnfqFxS9SczaHCB2t1eil&id=100063660625361), I think Fran said he and a colleague have been out in China and there was GETS over the weekend too.

In the words of Mr Incredible, we’ll get there when we get there ☺️

Edit - sorry, cross over with Fran’s post there

I don't use facebook!

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi John,

I can indeed update you; the manors are in our warehouse and are currently being QC checked. We could not get bodies there to do it until today due to GETS over the weekend.

Dispatch begins from tomorrow afternoon should everything be in order. 

We would like to apologise for all these delay’s regarding the manor. We know it’s not good enough and we are putting in better proceedures to mitigate these delays in the future. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks,

Fran

It is literally a matter of curbing your boundless and catching enthusiasm and moving into 'under promise and over deliver' mode. 

As noted above, it was reported last week on these pages that the 2nd batch had just been received at the warehouse, but that shipping would not be commencing until early this week due to travel / show commitments that had already been made before the shipment was released / arrived. And that stock would need to be counted in and checked.

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
On 17/10/2023 at 15:39, Ian Hargrave said:

If there is such a thing as a delay,then I for one am grateful for it as I’ve been away until yesterday evening and unable to take delivery in any case..

And lo ! Patience has it’s reward.Email now received that 7820 (sound) is on it’s way to me. They’re on their way folks.

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 3

• RMweb Gold

Arrived safely and now in running In mode on tabletop. Beautiful in delicately lined black which is how I remember them in the early 

1950’s. I’ve opted for the sound version which I’m running on dc.I like…it’s a bit of fun…and it does work.Probably not for the purist but fine with me….and loud enough too ! DHL delivery even better with improved secure packaging. The “coal” is in the accessory bag btw with the etched plates etc. I’m “chuffed “.Again,great stuff….

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1

Is anyone else waiting on a repaired Bradley Manor from Key? It has been two months since I sent it back to Key and every time I phone I'm told I'll be sent an email with an update, but that email never arrives. Patience is wearing thin. Anyone else in the same boat?

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Arrived safely and now in running In mode on tabletop. Beautiful in delicately lined black which is how I remember them in the early 

1950’s. I’ve opted for the sound version which I’m running on dc.I like…it’s a bit of fun…and it does work.Probably not for the purist but fine with me….and loud enough too ! DHL delivery even better with improved secure packaging. The “coal” is in the accessory bag btw with the etched plates etc. I’m “chuffed “.Again,great stuff….

Any photos Mr H @Ian Hargrave😉

• Like 1

22 hours ago, didcot said:

@IamDaniel

Not alone. Returned my sound decoder a month ago. Replacemant supposedly sent out last Friday after I enquired about it. Still not arrived.

All sorted now. 

Hmm. To be fair to Key, arrangements were made very quickly to return the faulty loco (within two days) back in August, but as I say, I haven't heard anything since and on the occasions that I've phoned I've been told someone is looking into it and will email me in due course. As I say, my patience is wearing a little thin at this stage, seeing as A/S quote a month's turnaround to repair faulty locos.