Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, The Evil Bus Driver said:

But does it come with an actual cake? I can make a pretty decent Raspberry Victoria Sponge with white chocolate whipped cream if needed 😋 

It certainly does! But you have to be quick…,

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Seaniom said:

Has anyone received their order from Rails yet? I'm getting really excited to receive my Manor now!

i saw an unboxing video on youtube and there was a rails with compliments card in the box so they are being sent out.

• RMweb Premium
On 19/08/2023 at 03:33, Limpley Stoker said:

I’ve had a frustrating hour or two trying to get the supplied screw link coupling IMG_3369.jpeg.510dd21022bf92cf26bfb2fc7c7a4117.jpegto fit on the stowing hook. Having had to repair the coupling a couple of times I have stowed it in this configuration. 

To get the coupling to hang properly, the two links need to be at right angles to each other. I don't believe that this can be done with the Accurascale coupling.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

To get the coupling to hang properly, the two links need to be at right angles to each other. I don't believe that this can be done with the Accurascale coupling.

Thanks, but looking at the samples on their website the Accurascale team had managed with the links in line so I assumed this would be easy. I don’t think anyone produces a scale properly articulated three link coupling…yet

IMG_0236.jpeg

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Limpley Stoker said:

Thanks, but looking at the samples on their website the Accurascale team had managed with the links in line so I assumed this would be easy. I don’t think anyone produces a scale properly articulated three link coupling…yet

IMG_0236.jpeg

Sure - but that's not how it works in real life.

• Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Can I just check with the Accurascale team what the diameter of the driving wheel axles is, please?

Are they” shouldered” , and if so what are the dimensions . Many thanks .

• Like 1

My 7800 just arrived from TMC. 

Thankfully the combo of TMCs packing and the big loco box meant the loco got to me intact despite the best efforts of the DPD driver after dropping it twice.

Fitted a Dapol imperium decoder as its the only one i had to hand. Firebox glow works well and the loco runs nice with it installed.

I did find it a bit of a faff getting the tender body off tho as there seems to be pipework attached to both the body and the chassis so in the end i just lifted the body up enough to get to the DCC socket without removing it completley.

The manual only mentions the 4 screws so might be worth bearing in mind not to yank at the tender top to remove it

EDIT : Just took it off the track to put it on the program track and it ran by itself in my hand for a few seconds. Im guessing this is the stay alive discharging.

Edited by meatloaf
  • Like 2

The first of my two Manors arrived today - after my 7802 being cancelled I ordered 7800 to convert into 7802. 7800 arrived today - and it's superb - running in DC, haven't fitted it yet, it's very smooth with superb detailing - however it does slow down around 3rd radius curves and up the slight incline. All in, though, a new favourite loco! Just got to wait on Erlestoke now!IMG_20230822_145301853.jpg.a870ef6379cc45ee4ad48bd3a94d977f.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Limpley Stoker said:

IMG_0236.jpeg

They have one side of their silver loop (correctly) going underneath the main black hook. Your photo isn't clear but I thought when I saw it originally you may have both sides of the loop above the hook?

Edited by Hal Nail
attempt to clarify

Unboxed my 7812 today and had a quick look. The handrails on the side of the cab do not meet the cab roof.  I saw a video in this thread somewhere where the model had a similar issues. Has anyone else had a similar problem? I have not run the engine yet, so I shall see if there are any other issues before I contact the supplier.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, BroadLeaves said:

I think the video you're referring to is the recent one by @AY Mod :

It is noticeable in that video, but it's also visible on the "semi-official" shots from @Accurascale Fran (second from last picture - there's a clear gap), so maybe it's supposed to be there?

Surely it is not meant to be like that, it just looks like poor tolerances/assembly to me. The handrails on the real thing attach to the roof.

7808 due to arrive tomorrow, about a mile from the real thing. 

I will have for fish out the rolling road as I haven't got a layout atm. But I'm in the process of partitioning the garage to build a layout that will hopefully feature an 81E inspired shed and Arley station.

I also succumbed to an Accurascale sound chip to go with it.

• Like 3