Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

10 hours ago, Accurascale said:

IMG_1604.jpg.44f7b729c329d33ca583dedcdb14b3f3.jpg

With the Accurascale Manor just around the corner, we couldn't help but share these images of production sample '7801 Anthony Manor'!

We're particularly proud of the finer detail on the running plate, inside the cab and the matt paint around the Smokebox.

Don't miss out, register your interest today to be first to know if any become available: https://www.accurascale.com/collections/gwr-7800-manor-class

IMG_1596.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1606.jpg

That’s mine! That’s mine! Please put it back in the box carefully!

• Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, gooderz said:

The flicker is decoder controlled. It activates in sync with the coal shovelling.

Unfortunately I opted for the static crew, so I won't be seeing the shovelling ations of the fireman.😄

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5

45 minutes ago, melmerby said:

Unfortunately I opted for the static crew, so I won't be seeing the shovelling ations of the fireman.😄

Think I need to have words with the roster clerk.

My crew are still sitting with their feet up, supping a mug of tea and waiting for the loco they're booked to work.

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

And was not a GWR/BR feature? 

Agreed, notr BR either on Western engines as far as I'm aware.  

Sone preservatioists have made mods like this to simplify disposal work (not on a 'Manor' but I believe there is at least one ex GWR engine fitted with a hopper ashpan of some sort).  Rocking grates are a useful feature as they help with fire cleaning and can help to redice/avoid the need to shovel out through the firehole door..

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

56 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Agreed, notr BR either on Western engines as far as I'm aware.  

Sone preservatioists have made mods like this to simplify disposal work (not on a 'Manor' but I believe there is at least one ex GWR engine fitted with a hopper ashpan of some sort).  Rocking grates are a useful feature as they help with fire cleaning and can help to redice/avoid the need to shovel out through the firehole door..

7802 has that lever it seems (see pic linked), but can't find it on others. So either something unique to the early build locos, or a preservation mod. Presumably not too hard to remove/break glue if there is desire to remove it.

https://flickr.com/photos/loose_grip_99/31955018627/

It says something that there is focus on tiny bits of detail and their relevance for particular class members in particular eras, rather than comments on the shape of this or that major component!

Can't find a decent cab pic of 7808, but given that was the loco measured up, presumably it also has that part?

Edited by G-BOAF

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

I believe there is at least one ex GWR engine fitted with a hopper ashpan of some sort).

Several by the looks of it

After a quick Google I found 3803, 5164 & 5643 have had them fitted, probably more out there

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, Accurascale said:

It is totally stunning and I look forward to receiving my 7812. Appreciate this model has been handled but do we need to be careful with the tender spring mounts? - notice that 2 appear bent on this example. Hopefully not a consequence of the packing process.  

• Agree 1

• Accurascale staff
54 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

It is totally stunning and I look forward to receiving my 7812. Appreciate this model has been handled but do we need to be careful with the tender spring mounts? - notice that 2 appear bent on this example. Hopefully not a consequence of the packing process.  

Hi Mike,

It was caused by clumsy fingers at our end, not packing. To be honest it's the first time we managed to do this to any sample, pre-production or production, so we think it's just plum bad luck on our part, but naturally any caution in handling exercised is worthwhile.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

4 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Mike,

It was caused by clumsy fingers at our end, not packing. To be honest it's the first time we managed to do this to any sample, pre-production or production, so we think it's just plum bad luck on our part, but naturally any caution in handling exercised is worthwhile.

Cheers!

Fran 

Will any of the previously sold out versions re-appear in stock after all orders etc accounted for ?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Mike,

Cheers!

Fran 

isn't this one of the reasons why the wide horn frame design was adopted; not only to reduce plate cracking, but to reduce the risk of damage to models of the tender made in years to come :-p

• Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Chilly said:

Will any of the previously sold out versions re-appear in stock after all orders etc accounted for ?

Click on the ones you want and put your email into the section e mail me if becomes available, and you will be notified should stock turn up to sell

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Mike,

Cheers!

Fran 

Hows you TONKA toy collection holding up Fran..........:)

• Funny 1

• Accurascale staff
55 minutes ago, Chilly said:

Hi @Chilly,

I'm sure a few of them will come back onto the market after pre-orders and retail stock are cleared. Be sure to check out our retailers too for availability.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Chilly,

I'm sure a few of them will come back onto the market after pre-orders and retail stock are cleared. Be sure to check out our retailers too for availability.

Cheers!

Fran 

Thanks Fran - On the Erlstoke Manor on the website the tender looks light on riveting I suspect that this maybe because that was an initial photo of it.

Not a rivet counter honest just came to light as that loco was stared at throughout the the Month of June being that months steam train photo on the Calendar 🙂   

• Accurascale staff
6 minutes ago, Chilly said:

Thanks Fran - On the Erlstoke Manor on the website the tender looks light on riveting I suspect that this maybe because that was an initial photo of it.

Not a rivet counter honest just came to light as that loco was stared at throughout the the Month of June being that months steam train photo on the Calendar 🙂   

We will be updating the website with production imagery in the coming week or so.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 28/06/2023 at 16:03, Accurascale Fran said:

There is no directional lighting, just firebox flicker.

Will you be fixing the loose wires before shipping?

• Accurascale staff
4 minutes ago, 57xx said:

Will you be fixing the loose wires before shipping?

I'm afraid you'll have to point me to any loose wires in the photos shared??

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, McC said:

I'm afraid you'll have to point me to any loose wires in the photos shared??

Chill, it was a joke. Flickering lights, loose wires. 😊

It looks great, doing the smokebox in matt looks lovely and will save people having to repaint it. The firebox profile looks good, nice fine coupling rods, overall a big 👍.

• Funny 2

1 hour ago, McC said:

We will be updating the website with production imagery in the coming week or so.

I thought Erlestoke was flush rivets and narrow horns as per decorated samples (as per the spec listed on the website)?

If it were riveted and narrow, its practically preserved condition and I would have ordered it....!

16 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

I thought Erlestoke was flush rivets and narrow horns as per decorated samples (as per the spec listed on the website)?

If it were riveted and narrow, its practically preserved condition and I would have ordered it....!

The picture in the 2023 Steam Train calendar certainly has a lot of rivets on the tender so in its current condition, the spec sheet for the model seems light on what period the model is based ?  

Edited by Chilly