Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Sitting in the bath with your new jeans on to shrink them and wash them out kind of style Mike,happy memories.

Different times 😎

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 15/06/2023 at 21:38, longchap said:

I ordered mine on the basis of Accurascale's website photos, which look much better than the images posted above. I'm sure someone will post some more accurate images with a decent macro lens before long.

Mint Manor crew arrived yesterday and in a very attractive presentation box.

20230620_113107.jpg.3c759e72c14662470604342fa0a389ac.jpg

Unfortunately, the figures will still need painting, as they colour rendition is a little patchy. My greater concern is that the print quality is not up to the standard of Modelu's unpainted range, which are vastly superior.

20230620_113124.jpg.a4b2f834bc172ea30ab6287f2646ab89.jpg

To add to this tale of woe, the fireman has lost his shovel holding hand, which appears to be in the bag, South East of the driver's head!I

Not really impressed with these chaps, but my Siphon came a few days ago from Dublin and is truly magnificent !

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, longchap said:

Unfortunately, the figures will still need painting, as they colour rendition is a little patchy. My greater concern is that the print quality is not up to the standard of Modelu's unpainted range, which are vastly superior.

To add to this tale of woe, the fireman has lost his shovel holding hand, which appears to be in the bag, South East of the driver's head!I

Not really impressed with these chaps, but my Siphon came a few days ago from Dublin and is truly magnificent !

Yes, the hand was broken off in the packet:

20230620_205356600.jpg.41fafe53745401a57daed82a9dea6d7c.jpg

Then I noticed that the handle of the shovel is mostly green, Is this correct @McC or do I have a duff one handed fireman with the only green shovel ?

Edited by longchap
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, longchap said:

Yes, the hand was broken off in the packet:

20230620_205356600.jpg.41fafe53745401a57daed82a9dea6d7c.jpg

Then I noticed that the handle of the shovel is mostly green, Is this correct @McC or do I have a duff one handed fireman with the only green shovel ?

Is clear that thw finish is very different between the normal type and the pre-coloured ones.

The fireman also demonstrates what I mentioned previously about some having unrealistic poses. Planting your feet square then bending at the waist isn't how you lean on something, so it just looks strange. The weight would all be taken in the arm, which is the whole point of leaning on something.

So not for me but there there are plenty of others to chose from.

Edited by Hal Nail

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

Is clear that thw finish is very different between the normal type and the pre-coloured ones.

The fireman also demonstrates what I mentioned previously about some having unrealistic poses. Planting your feet square then bending at the waist isn't how you lean on something, so it just looks strange. The weight would all be taken in the arm, which is the whole point of leaning on something.

So not for me but there there are plenty of trotters to chose from.

I think the fireman is supposed to be leaning at the window, not on the shovel. Still agree about poses. Even leaning on the window your feet would be apart. 

Roy

• Like 1

15 hours ago, longchap said:

Same story. Good box crew leg broken Siphons superb.

15 hours ago, longchap said:

• Friendly/supportive 1

• Accurascale staff

If you receive a crew that are in any way damaged or broken, please send them back immediately for replacement using our free and easy returns process (click Returns on the order in your account area)

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, McC said:

If you receive a crew that are in any way damaged or broken, please send them back immediately for replacement using our free and easy returns process (click Returns on the order in your account area)

Thanks Steven, although that is not practical for modellers living outside the UK.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• Accurascale staff
1 minute ago, Neal Ball said:

Thanks Steven, although that is not practical for modellers living outside the UK.

Always get in touch with our support team - they'll do all possible to sort you out, regardless where you are in the world.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Accurascale staff
2 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Sending to Ireland (Eire) keeps the postage within the EU, surely? 

We pay for return postage outside of the UK, for when the issue is damage or our fault! 

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, McC said:

We pay for return postage outside of the UK, for when the issue is damage or our fault! 

Thanks again Steven,

When I commented earlier, I had already emailed the support team. I will leave it for them to respond rather than commenting further here.

Thanks, Neal.

• Like 1

Will we see production samples of the manors soon? The last update was to have the models here by the end of June I believe, we’re only a week & 2 days away 👀 

Hate to pester but it’s a model I’m looking forward to! 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, Northmoor MPD said:

Will we see production samples of the manors soon? The last update was to have the models here by the end of June I believe, we’re only a week & 2 days away 👀 

Of course looking through the other end of the telescope it means there is still a week and two days to go.  And presumably  - just like politics - a lot can happen in the model railway world in that time?

• Like 5
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Northmoor MPD said:

Just you pester away. It enables me to pretend to be a model of disciplined self-control. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I am happy, as an early adopter, to adopt my 3D colour printed crew to man my Manor when it comes, knowing higher resolution versions will appear in time. At least this diversion has stopped us suggesting what Accurascale could produce next !

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 21/06/2023 at 12:06, Northmoor MPD said:

Will we see production samples of the manors soon? The last update was to have the models here by the end of June I believe, we’re only a week 

Still the case as confirmed by Patrick this afternoon.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

I wanted to ask if all of the Modelu figures of 78 xx crew have been despatched .? Post is iffy at the moment but I have a WR and aBR crew on preorder and nothing through letter box .

Thanks Ken 

• Accurascale staff

Hi Ken,

For any order queries please contact us via the website with your order number and we can look into it for you.

Expect some exciting Manor news later this week folks... 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Round of applause 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Ken,

For any order queries please contact us via the website with your order number and we can look into it for you.

Expect some exciting Manor news later this week folks... 

Cheers!

Fran 

You big tease you!

• Funny 1