Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

40 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

You might need to do research on the History of Dapol.

I try to judge people (and companies) by recent actions and results, not past mistakes.

Apple very nearly went bust in the late 90's and were effectively bailed out by Microsoft to the tune of $150M. Later, Steve Jobs apparently said Apple were, at that time, 90 days from being bankrupt. Now, with a $2.3T market cap, a $365B annual revenue and an annual income of $120B, no-one would say Apple isn't a very well run success 25 years later.

• RMweb Gold

I thought thos thread was about the Accurascale 'Manor'?  there are plenty of ther threads which come and go - and actually have titles fairly relevant to what is being discussed - where the financial health of businesses in the mode; railway world can be discussed.  and with no need to invent any figures because if nothing else their short form accounts are available at Companies House.

So start a relevant thread on the relevant part of the forum if you want discuss A's or B's or everyboidy's financial state of health - and look at the numbers before opening fire.

Now back to the 'Manor' and a former Western Region colleague and I discussed the sound - as heard so far - the other day and have similar conclusions based on the fact that we both knew Western steamm in everyday working.  Vacuum pump spot on (but a bit short of oil). 

Edited by The Stationmaster
Correct the two trypos
  • Like 6
  • Agree 11

• RMweb Gold

7820 seen near Saltern Cove in South Devon and looking rather splendid even with red nameplates. Very tempted to order one in this guise too.

7820.thumb.jpg.ac6a8b52fed043f3e3c5174deb24f815.jpg

• Like 13

2 hours ago, gwrrob said:

7820 seen near Saltern Cove in South Devon and looking rather splendid even with red nameplates. Very tempted to order one in this guise too.

Ummm, Accurascale is not doing that type (Collett 3000g) of tender. At least the last time I checked. Accurascale's Churchward 3500g tender variations are: snaphead/flush bodies and wide/narrow hornplates. It's a shame lots of images are still not showing in this long thread (I've re-instated a few of mine), and Accurascale's website doesn't seem to carry their 'tender info' anymore. Or is that my memory playing tricks?

• Informative/Useful 1

Have I missed something, or is it not possible to reserve a manor through a £30 deposit anymore on the AS website?

Can't quite muster the full £169 yet (not after two deltics) but wanted to get my foot in the door with Cookham

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Can't quite muster the full £169 yet (not after two deltics)

You'll need to sell one of your Deltics, you should make a profit and certainly enough to buy a Cookham.😀

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Have I missed something, or is it not possible to reserve a manor through a £30 deposit anymore on the AS website?

Can't quite muster the full £169 yet (not after two deltics) but wanted to get my foot in the door with Cookham

If you add one (or more) to your cart there is the option to pay over 6 months in installments or put down a deposit and pay the balance later.

https://www.accurascale.com/cart

screen grab not a clickable link:-

image.png.53378e7ffb70bfd19b6a25764377899f.png

Edited by spamcan61
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Yes, it seems the Accuracale web site will now want the full amount. However, some of the retailers are still taking no-upfront-payment pre-orders:

https://cheltenhammodelcentre.com/locomotives/accurascale-acc2503-oo-gauge-gw-manor-7808-cookham-manor-gwr-green-shirtbutton/p-acc2503

For clarity, I'm not affiliated with Cheltenham Model Centre in any way.

• Accurascale staff
1 minute ago, BroadLeaves said:

Yes, it seems the Accuracale web site will now want the full amount. However, some of the retailers are still taking no-upfront-payment pre-orders:

https://cheltenhammodelcentre.com/locomotives/accurascale-acc2503-oo-gauge-gw-manor-7808-cookham-manor-gwr-green-shirtbutton/p-acc2503

For clarity, I'm not affiliated with Cheltenham Model Centre in any way.

see post above. You can pay a deposit or installments from the cart page. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

I thought thos thread was about the Accurascale 'Manor'? 

It was until I suggest that Accurascale for their next steamer might like to make the definitive 43XX rather than the Dapol's Curates Egg.

Seems to got blown off course since then.

Edited by melmerby
  • Friendly/supportive 1

43 minutes ago, Islesy said:

the option to pay a deposit still exists.

Yes indeed, and I stand corrected. To be fair, though, the Accurascale web site doesn't make it obvious that it's still available, what with having a line through it and the button disabled...

image.png.7485830649359f89ab3cd76f16348b2c.png

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Trainsandtravel said:

After watching the Hornby Magazine video of recording the sound from 7820 Dinmore Manor, I noticed that although the locomotive is in BR lined black, the interior of the cab is green! Did anyone else notice this?

Copper goes green with age,Accurascale on the ball again eh........

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Trainsandtravel said:

After watching the Hornby Magazine video of recording the sound from 7820 Dinmore Manor, I noticed that although the locomotive is in BR lined black, the interior of the cab is green! Did anyone else notice this?

Been meaning to paint the Interior of my Hogwarts Castle’s cab green for a while now too. Great to see Accurascale even pay this much attention to detail. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
42 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Back during the heatwave of the other week, we decided it would be a fantastic idea to look at some steam locomotives. So, we made our way to Didcot to do a small video on the Manors. 

Check it out on our YouTube channel as we look at all the different detail aspects, features and more, as well as an update on progress.

Cheers!

Fran 

Thanks for the great insights into the building of the best,looks like we are cooking on gas though,happy days.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

As I understand it, cab interior colour was not specified post-1948. For a green-bodied loco, it is logical the same colour would continue to be used for the cab interior. I'm surprised to read here that green was also used for the black-bodied locos. Was this Swindon taking advantage of the loophole in the Derby paint spec? And was it consistent?

• Like 1