The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2021

Oldddudders

2 hours ago, Hobby said:

Those last two paragraphs are intriguing:

Red Bull submitted their request for a review to the stewards in a letter on Friday. “The stewards added they ‘note, with some concern, certain allegations made in the competitor’s above letter.

“Such allegations may or may not have been relevant to the stewards if the petition for review had been granted. The stewards may have addressed these allegations directly in any decision that would have followed. The petition having been dismissed, the stewards make no comments on those allegations.”

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

I don't actually understand that. The quote marks don't make sense - it implies that was in Red Bull's letter to the stewards, but then I can't make sense of it!

• Like 1

Yes, the punctuation is a mess but I think your interpretation is correct.  I read it as the stewards saying that RB made some allegations or insinuations in the letter about what might have motivated MB/HAM to end up causing the crash (perhaps harking back to the earlier discussion on here about its possible impact on their budget cap) which might have been worthy of further investigation if there had been any substance to their appeal.  But because the stewards found their appeal to be devoid of any merit* they felt that any such allegations would be irrelevant.

I find it hard to believe that RB have spent wasted all this time and effort on the simulator and on the track in a frankly risible attempt to find a way around the fact that their driver eventually received some comeuppance for his on-track bullying behaviour.  Those who argue that they are simply doing it for the publicity may I think be overlooking the fact that all it's doing is making them look like fools and bad sportsmen in the eyes of anyone other than the most devoted fans who believe that potty-mouthed MV can do no wrong.

* Gotta love The stewards noted that evidence submitted in support of a request for review must be "‘discovered’ (as opposed to created)” i.e. you can't just make stuff up.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, ejstubbs said:

* Gotta love The stewards noted that evidence submitted in support of a request for review must be "‘discovered’ (as opposed to created)” i.e. you can't just make stuff up.

This last bit deserves to be in bigger letters. I did chuckle when I read that on the article. What was it Little Jack kept accusing Hamilton of being... Desperate?

Edited by 57xx
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ejstubbs said:

Yes, the punctuation is a mess but I think your interpretation is correct.  I read it as the stewards saying that RB made some allegations or insinuations in the letter about what might have motivated MB/HAM to end up causing the crash (perhaps harking back to the earlier discussion on here about its possible impact on their budget cap) which might have been worthy of further investigation if there had been any substance to their appeal.  But because the stewards found their appeal to be devoid of any merit* they felt that any such allegations would be irrelevant.

Merc have posted the entire statement from the stewards on their Facebook page and I can confirm that everything from the word 'note' to the end is part of the stewards' statement.

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, RJS1977 said:

Those last two paragraphs are intriguing:

Red Bull submitted their request for a review to the stewards in a letter on Friday. “The stewards added they ‘note, with some concern, certain allegations made in the competitor’s above letter.

“Such allegations may or may not have been relevant to the stewards if the petition for review had been granted. The stewards may have addressed these allegations directly in any decision that would have followed. The petition having been dismissed, the stewards make no comments on those allegations.”

I took this to imply that RB may have suggested the stewards' impartiality was questionable. If so, RB are in danger of shooting more and more toes off. It all fits with previous seasons when they threatened to withdraw from F1. Precious beyond belief. Yes, F1 would be the poorer for them leaving, but we pay a price for them being there, too!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

I took this to imply that RB may have suggested the stewards' impartiality was questionable. 

They'll be questioning the F1A's impartiality next. (Even though Ferrari is not involved.):jester:

• Funny 5

11 hours ago, Sidecar Racer said:

And max says in one article , '' and I haven’t been involved in accidents where I run into people''.

To be fair to him, there hasn't been that many...

Simply because the other driver has taken avoiding action before contact...

Hamilton didn't... ;)

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Hobby said:

Hamilton didn't... ;)

I think it’s got to the stage where Lewis can’t afford to because of the deficit in points. He no longer has the luxury of I’ll get you later, he needs to take the chances and Max needs to accept he will keep doing it. 

I doubt this is the last contact ;) 

• Agree 9

• RMweb Premium

The 'evidence' from RB,

GPS data available to them of both Hamilton and Verstappen's car

• GPS data drawing "various alleged comparisons" with the line taken by Hamilton when passing Charles Leclerc for the lead later in the race at the same corner

• Alleged lap simulations of the incident

• What was described as a "re-enactment" of Hamilton's lap one line at Silverstone based on a lap allegedly driven by Alex Albon.

Just what significance can the last one have on what happened ???

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, laurenceb said:

"I have never had an accident but I have seen loads "

In his mirrors as he pulls clear of the incident?

16 minutes ago, Sidecar Racer said:

GPS data available to them of both Hamilton and Verstappen's car

• GPS data drawing "various alleged comparisons" with the line taken by Hamilton when passing Charles Leclerc for the lead later in the race at the same corner

GPS data?  How accurate is their data?  I don't know what the +/- error figures are, but I'd bet that not even military grade GPS resolutions would be able to plot a definitive course through Corpse for both cars.

1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

I took this to imply that RB may have suggested the stewards' impartiality was questionable. If so, RB are in danger of shooting more and more toes off.

Next, RB will be threatening to hold their breath until the Stewards come down on their side!

While that would result in some blessed silence, I'm surprised that they're still going on about it. Dignity and respect for RB is slipping away and may never return.

• Agree 5

Yuki seems to be the latest in a long line of victims of Red Bull's apparrent "promote early and pile the pressure on" approach...

I wonder if he could have done well with another season in F2, and he probably would be trouncing the opposition there.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Sidecar Racer said:

And max says in one article , '' and I haven’t been involved in accidents where I run into people''.

Lots of video to disprove that on Max .      :jester:

MV doing his best to drag F1 into the post-truth era?  A brief summary here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkAoSghdD6Y (though I'm not convinced that the Singapore 2017 collision was his fault).

I would direct the interested reader's attention to MV's comment at 1:37.  Pot/kettle springs to mind...

Edited by ejstubbs
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I wouldn't be surprised to see some stewards decisions now involving RB being penalised against them - i.e. less likely to give RB some benefit of doubt in what be perceived as 50/50 collision / near miss.

RB, as mentioned by others above, have not done themselves much good.

Will Merc now be saying to VB, 'when you get chance, just drive into MV'!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mudmagnet said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see some stewards decisions now involving RB being penalised against them - i.e. less likely to give RB some benefit of doubt in what be perceived as 50/50 collision / near miss.

RB, as mentioned by others above, have not done themselves much good.

Will Merc now be saying to VB, 'when you get chance, just drive into MV'!

Two out takes on Lap 1 and you keep your seat for another  season.:D

• Like 2
  • Funny 6

Could liven things up  a bit tomorrow.

#F1 #BBCF1 #HUNGARYGP: Fine weather continues for FP2. A volatile forecast weekend: showery rain, some potentially heavy, may cross circuit later tonight into Sat AM. Showers/t-storms poss for quali (current FIA risk: 60%); Sun PM still an uncertain forecast re showers; breezier

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Hamilton aims for more F1 history

No driver in F1 history has won nine races at the same circuit, but Lewis Hamilton could change that on Sunday.

He is also one win away from becoming the first driver to reach a century of wins.

Social embed from instagram

• Like 4