The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2021

Oldddudders

• RMweb Gold

I can’t find the analysis of previous incidents mentioned above, do you have a link?

2 hours ago, didcot said:

showing the amount of times Lewis has had to bale out with Max.

I did find this piece though with various opinions and agree with this from Charles

Obviously there was a space on the inside, maybe Lewis was not completely at the apex, but it’s also true that Max was quite aggressive on the outside. So things happen,

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.formula1.com/en/latest/article.hamilton-vs-verstappen-we-round-up-all-the-opinions-after-their.75U2zIFVsOCN6Sa0lN7Rdl.html

This is also an interesting view based on Karun’s analysis on screen

Drivetribe quote

Karun Chandok also pointed out in his analysis for Sky Sports F1 that Max Verstappen's on-board shows less consistent steering inputs compared to that of Lewis Hamilton. The championship leader can be seen turning in at a standard angle for the corner, before spotting Hamilton's Mercedes down the inside and making a quick correction to the left to avoid contact. 

Following this correction, Verstappen made an even sharper turn to the right than he had before, which Chandok labelled as "aggressive". This steering angle was essentially Verstappen's attempt at 'shutting the door' on Lewis Hamilton, when in reality the 23-year old could have left more space and made use of the run off area to keep his lead on the approach to the Maggotts and Becketts complex.

Verstappen has developed a reputation in recent years for being a very aggressive driver and making overtakes that essentially forces another driver to yield in order to avoid contact. This season has already seen two aggressive manoeuvres from Verstappen when making overtakes on Hamilton (in Spain and Imola); and this incident seems to follow the same pattern of Verstappen refusing to give up the position. The only difference, though, is that Hamilton also refused to yield on this occasion. ”

https://drivetribe.com/p/the-hamilton-versus-verstappen-B1D1cIfpSjmYQV0jcibxHw?iid=Gky5whdjRDG_NNtFhy1UPQ

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

I'd also add that they would be setting a dangerous precedent by claiming the money, that accident had dire consequences for Max, granted, but we've seen plenty of wheel banging with lesser  damage, so will the affected driver claim for every one... 

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, Hobby said:

I'd also add that they would be setting a dangerous precedent by claiming the money, that accident had dire consequences for Max, granted, but we've seen plenty of wheel banging with lesser  damage, so will the affected driver claim for every one... 

Boss, he's given me a Puncture, what's the Kwik Fit price?:scared:

• Funny 3

Max and Christine are doing their job as ordered from above .Just how many times has Red Bull appeared in various media since the event .Great advertising for a fairly lethal drink.Its why they are there .

Edited by friscopete
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold

Red Bull runs an F1 team as a marketing and promo exercise. On the basis of their whingeing over recent seasons, I am unlikely to be buying their product, even if, at 72, I thought I needed wings! I wonder how many sales they've crippled in their target market, though?

• Agree 5

8 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

I can’t find the analysis of previous incidents mentioned above, do you have a link?

It was on Sky's F1 coverage. I don't think they upload it to other platforms. 

• Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, Hobby said:

(Someone enlighten me, who the heck is Van de Garde?)

A Dutch racing driver, that competed in F1 during 2013 driving for the Caterham F1 team, his best result was 14th in the Hungarian Grand Prix.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

even if, at 72

Ian,

You are a youngster, you don't need that Red Bull stuff. Remember there is always:

1124102151_Screenshot2021-07-25at11-36-48Phyllosan-FortifiesTheOverForties(1969).png.30cf1b3b134b110aa84e9ad6e841be15.png

Kind regards,

Richard B

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

Red Bull runs an F1 team as a marketing and promo exercise. On the basis of their whingeing over recent seasons, I am unlikely to be buying their product, even if, at 72, I thought I needed wings! I wonder how many sales they've crippled in their target market, though?

The vast majority of people I know that drink it, like to think of themselves as adventurous and fit….and like nothing more than Vodka and Red-Bull halfway through the evening at the pub, or at lunchtime when hungover….

It isn’t just the microclimate of F1 but their wider package of sponsorship of almost any “extreme” sport from base jumpers, rock climbers, motor racing (bikes), BMX riders etc etc. to their sponsorship of events just as the soap box races and bird man competitions that needs to judged here, and I doubt CH’s wind will make it through to many of them.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
On 25/07/2021 at 11:51, Jonboy said:

The vast majority of people I know that drink it, like to think of themselves as adventurous and fit….and like nothing more than Vodka and Red-Bull halfway through the evening at the pub, or at lunchtime when hungover….

It isn’t just the microclimate of F1 but their wider package of sponsorship of almost any “extreme” sport from base jumpers, rock climbers, motor racing (bikes), BMX riders etc etc. to their sponsorship of events just as the soap box races and bird man competitions that needs to judged here, and I doubt CH’s wind will make it through to many of them.

The power of (semi)-successful advertising that adds so much to the price that even if the adverts make you want the product type you actually buy the supermarket own brand, and much cheaper, alternative instead. There are many who do buy stuff on the basis of the brand name/image, equally there are those like me that mean the adverts are only semi-successful. Sainsbury's own brand zero sugar equivalent works as a booster drink when you are cream-crackered and I guess (as I am drinking a tin of flavoured caffine rather than making a strong black coffee) is riding on the back of RedBull's adverts albeit those don't actually sell me the actual RB branded cans. 

Edited by john new
Typo and bad grammar
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, john new said:

The power of (semi)-successful advertising that adds so much to the price that even if the adverts make you want the product type you actually buy the supermarket own brand, and much cheaper, alternative instead. There are many who do buy stuff on the basis of the brand name/image, equally there are those like me that mean the adverts are only semi-successful. Sainsbury's own brand zero sugar equivalent works as a booster drink when you are cream-crackered and I guess (as I am drinking a tin of flavoured caffine rather than making a strong black coffee) is riding on the back of RedBull's adverts albeit those don't actually sell me the actual RB branded cans. 

I don't think I've ever see a Red Bull advert on TV, NOT even during the C4 coverage.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I don't think I've ever see a Red Bull advert on TV, NOT even during the C4 coverage.

And now Max is at the front and Perez near the back you don't see Red Bull in the races either :jester:

To get on TV you need to be overtaking, the leader unless being harried by the person in second place often gets missed from most of the race until the last lap.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

The give you wings ones are everywhere and think they’re funny . . . :onthequiet:

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

It is all very subtle, you have but via product placement, best example is the hours of TV coverage every F1 weekend, 2 x RB and 2 x TR cars, their own race track etc., etc.

Edited by john new
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1

33 minutes ago, john new said:

It is all very subtle, you have but via product placement, best example is the hours of TV coverage every F1 weekend, 2 x RB and 2 x TR cars, their own race track etc., etc.

And close ups of the bits on the back of a lorry, or Perez spinning.:D

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

I like "Not only Lewis Hamilton, but anyone, a normal person, or the media.", hinting what we've known all along, media people aren't normal!! :)

12 hours ago, john new said:

Bridgestone did a trial run of that in 2005... ;) 

• Like 2