The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2021

Oldddudders

• RMweb Gold
On 06/06/2021 at 20:39, 4630 said:

n the Sky coverage that I was watching (I’m not aware if it was included in the Ch4  

highlights package) there was a discussion on the Red Bull pit wall between Christian Horner and I think Helmut Marko.  CH commented words to the effect that the team had had absolutely no indication that the tyre was about to fail.

It was neither of them. It was RB's Sporting Director, Jonathan Wheatley speaking to Race Director Michael Masi.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, steve1 said:

Surely there must be a council somewhere needing a bin lorry driver who could give Marzipan a job and stop him from clogging up the grid?

steve

Be careful what you wish for...

_3G5A1451.JPG.1393bbdee8fe31e5e0db018d8506f453.JPG

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, steve1 said:

For some inexplicable reason I have developed a liking for the AlphaTauri team. Perhaps it's the colour scheme. I was glad to see them do well in Baku.

Mind you, can't see me ever buying any of the company's clobber at their prices...

steve

16 hours ago, newbryford said:

I have a similar predicament with Ferrari, McLaren and Aston Martin.....

Just had a look at McLaren's online store and compared tee-shirt prices (just an example) with Nike and Gant. Guess who's is cheaper?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Jol Wilkinson said:

Just had a look at McLaren's online store and compared tee-shirt prices (just an example) with Nike and Gant. Guess who's is cheaper?

Primark?

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Jol Wilkinson said:

2 hours ago, 57xx said:

Primark?

That stall down the market?

• Funny 1

We did a Williams museum tour in 2019. The cheapest thing in the shop was a small part from the gearbox at £40. Even the small Corgi type cars were out of our pocket. Our boys had saved pocket money for a baseball cap each and they came home disappointed. Merchandise is prohibitively expensive for the average fan.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, didcot said:

We did a Williams museum tour in 2019. The cheapest thing in the shop was a small part from the gearbox at £40. Even the small Corgi type cars were out of our pocket. Our boys had saved pocket money for a baseball cap each and they came home disappointed. Merchandise is prohibitively expensive for the average fan.

Just like premiership football.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

Watching the BTCC at Snetterton and several cars are being done for track limits.

Apparently they use a pressure pad system, go off the track and drive over it you get a penalty. Black and white, no room for interpretation.

Perhaps this is something F1 could look into, since track limits seem to be such a problem these days!

Jo

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Darius43 said:

Russell reportedly told he will replace Bottas

https://www.planetf1.com/news/george-russell-valtteri-bottas-futures/

Cheers

Darius

They need to do it now if they want any chance of the constructors championship. RB have two very competitive drivers, Merc don't now.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

I would agree. For all his " To who it may concern f@#k you" statements it's come to nought. He has also been shown not to be a team player in the latest Drive to Survive series when it suits, but then how many drivers really are. I suspect if he was in a Red Bull he would be on the reserves bench by now. He has had plenty of chances, some bad luck, being team mate to a 7 times world champion must hard, but its rare he brings the fight to Hamilton or Verstappen.  Time for a change. 

• Agree 2

Now, if it is a straight swap between teams, do they do it this year giving both drivers time to adjust to the different cars before the big 2022 change?

An unmotivated Bottas is more a danger to Mercedes than a highly motivated Russell who would happily sit behind Hamilton this year for a level playing field next year.

• Agree 2

I agree to doing it now, or at least, the Summer break, both Drivers will have new targets and objectives and will have time to settle into the new Team.

Although both know the other Team fairly well as George proved last year and for VB, another stint at Williams may be what he needs, i.e. less pressure and go back to enjoying his Racing again.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

On 13/06/2021 at 17:04, Steadfast said:

Watching the BTCC at Snetterton and several cars are being done for track limits.

Apparently they use a pressure pad system, go off the track and drive over it you get a penalty. Black and white, no room for interpretation.

Perhaps this is something F1 could look into, since track limits seem to be such a problem these days!

Jo

Or more interestingly, see how the collective brains of the engineers could cheat such a system...

• Funny 3

17 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I agree to doing it now, or at least, the Summer break, both Driver will have new targets and objectives and will have time to settle into the new Team.

Although both know the other Team fairly well as George proved last year and for VB, another stint at Williams may be what he needs, i.e. less pressure and go back to enjoying his Racing again.

A big pile of cash as recompense for the premature conclusion to his contract, may just make it so. 

• Agree 2