The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2021

Oldddudders

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

Two teams have a huge task if they are each to complete repairs after FP3 in time for Quali. But neither Haas nor Williams was going to threaten for pole. Mazepin is not among the guilty for once.  

Mazepin is either saving it up for qualifying or for lap 1...

• Funny 3

25 minutes ago, Gareth Collier said:

I think Schumacher's  approach to guaranteeing pole was slightly better than Le Clerc's......

It looked like we were denied some epic final runs which, I fear, means that's the weekends excitement is over before tomorrows procession. I hope I'm wrong.

There is concern that Leclerc's gearbox suffered damage in the collision & when questioned about it, Leclerc himself feels he may have damaged it. If it needs to be replaced, he will be relegated 5 places on the grid.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

27 minutes ago, Pete the Elaner said:

There is concern that Leclerc's gearbox suffered damage in the collision & when questioned about it, Leclerc himself feels he may have damaged it. If it needs to be replaced, he will be relegated 5 places on the grid.

Indeed, hence why Schumacher's approach a few years back was better ;)

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Lewis certainly has his work cut out tomorrow even to stay ahead in the Championship.

Yes, but there is still around 3/4 of the championship left & Monaco is the worst suited to the Merc's long chassis. If there was 1 round which he expected to be particularly though, it would be this one.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Lewis certainly has his work cut out tomorrow even to stay ahead in the Championship.

And most unusual that Bottas is getting a much better tune out of his Merc. 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

4 into 1 at the first corner could take out Leclerc, Vestappen, Bottas and Sainz, Red Flag, re start with Norris on Pole and Hammy second?

Andy bets?:fie:

My money is on Mazepin taking out the leaders while he’s ignoring blue flags

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Pleased to see Ferrari doing so well at Monaco. As others have said, the first few corners are going to be interesting with so many youngsters at the front with something to prove/championship to win.

Kind regards,

Richard B

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, 30368 said:

Pleased to see Ferrari doing so well at Monaco. As others have said, the first few corners are going to be interesting with so many youngsters at the front with something to prove/championship to win.

Kind regards,

Richard B

Lerclerc = Home win.

Vestappen = Get ahead of Lewis in Championship.

Bottas = redeem some motivation with a decent result.

Sainz = First win or Ferrari 1 - 2.

Norris, = First win or Podium.

Perez = Win or bust.

Lewis = save as many points as he can from what has been a dreadful weekend so far.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

As a card-carrying Lewis supporter, I can nevertheless relish the prospect of a race where fresh faces may dominate the podium. And a haul of points for Ferrari is bound to be good for the championship, too. Lando finds himself battling alone, which is a pity for a team on the up - ask Max how that feels! Strategy will play a part - how soon do you dive in for the mediums, if you are Lewis? And weather may be involved, too. 

Beats tiddlywinks!

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

As a card-carrying Lewis supporter, I can nevertheless relish the prospect of a race where fresh faces may dominate the podium. And a haul of points for Ferrari is bound to be good for the championship, too. Lando finds himself battling alone, which is a pity for a team on the up - ask Max how that feels! Strategy will play a part - how soon do you dive in for the mediums, if you are Lewis? And weather may be involved, too. 

Beats tiddlywinks!

Could be an interesting race for Lewis and all depends upon timing of the first safety car, consequently who dives into the pits. An early SC might allow Lewis to go long on his tyres (which he does seem to hold onto much better than most of the other drivers) and then getting a pit stop at the second SC.

Could be a bit of interest at the front at the start with several drivers trying to win the race at the first corner.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold

A pity they didn't send Leclerc out anyhow.  That would guarantee an early SC, rather than wating for Mazepin to do something silly.  Oh well.

Not long now...

• Funny 1