The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2021

Oldddudders

• RMweb Premium

I've got to say I quite like the Aston, they've made the pink work in the same way the Aston GTs used fluorescent orange and yellow as contrasts when they ran in green.

Could with the Aston Martin logo on the engine cover though, looks a bit sparse.

Jo

• Like 3

On 13/02/2021 at 20:15, Andrew P said:

Remember this, posted 13th Feb?:o

• Like 2

1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

Hmm

Hamilton, Bottas, Verstappen, Perez, Vettel, LeClerc, Ricciardo, Sainz, Norris, Stroll

That's a bit cruel, surely Alonso should be in there somewhere? (So he tells me!) ;)

• Funny 8

12 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I've also seen questions on Social Media about how Mick S feels about driving a car draped in the Russian Flag.

Haas livery was designed before Russian flag ban was announced – Steiner.

https://www.racefans.net/2021/03/04/haas-livery-was-designed-before-russian-flag-ban-was-announced-steiner/

Surely it’s red white and blue from the star spangled banner?

it is an American team?

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 minutes ago, ess1uk said:

Surely it’s red white and blue from the star spangled banner?

it is an American team?

Not for much longer apparently, according to some reports. Looks like Mazepin's Dad may be buying it, or being a large shareholder according to many reports.

• Like 1

Sir Lewis Hamilton's F1 preparations ROCKED by surprise departure of his right-hand man and friend Marc Hynes just weeks ahead of the new season.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-9327691/Sir-Lewis-Hamilton-SPLITS-amicably-trusted-ally-Marc-Hynes.html?fbclid=IwAR0bBATm2t52Qom8mP0OND517OPxPpM9EEXIS5-7pbRwIzNkZ7H1VdQzNtk

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Not for much longer apparently, according to some reports. Looks like Mazepin's Dad may be buying it, or being a large shareholder according to many reports.

That story has been around since late last season. We were assured that after the last chequered flag dropped in 2020, Mazepin senior would be revealed as the new owner. We are still waiting, but in the close season, when every F1 writer is desperate for trivia to fill F1 column inches, is surely the time to make the big announcement. So as the countdown to the new season shortens, I see the odds of this lengthening. And perhaps the controversial new livery is less likely to be challenged if Haas races under the US flag. 

• Agree 2

23 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I can see where they are coming from, it's not the three colours that's the issue but their order and how it looks. The three wings at the front could easily be interpreted as the Russian flag... They've even got the "windy" look of a real flag because of the shape of the wings. Russia is the only one currently to use that combination (white-blue-red) without any other symbols on it...

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/List_of_flags_with_blue,_red,_and_white_stripes

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

That story has been around since late last season. We were assured that after the last chequered flag dropped in 2020, Mazepin senior would be revealed as the new owner. We are still waiting, but in the close season, when every F1 writer is desperate for trivia to fill F1 column inches, is surely the time to make the big announcement. So as the countdown to the new season shortens, I see the odds of this lengthening. And perhaps the controversial new livery is less likely to be challenged if Haas races under the US flag. 

Or Mazepin might just be waiting to see;

how the Team performs, 

how his Son performs,

how the new Regs will affect the balance of power before parting with the final cash.

• Like 3