The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2021

Oldddudders

2 minutes ago, 57xx said:

It's the website more than DC you need to be looking at. Many questionable "articles" on there which seem to be mainly speculation derived from gossip or just made up from hot air.

Yes I agree, I only post what I see, and leave it to you Guys and Gals to pick the bones out, haha.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Hobby said:

Not very long I suspect. I'd be surprised if its more than two years. Get the record and go onto other things. 

Except of course there is a team salary cap proposed from 2023, with a transition for contracts already in place....would Hamilton look for a longer contract with various get out clauses?

• Agree 2

I am bored to tears with the Hamilton/Merc will they, won't they shenanigans. All I see is the top driver and the top team doing everything they can to keep their names in the spotlight during the off season. If the world stopped talking about it I would expect a contract would appear within days to get them back in said spotlight.

• Agree 5

3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Yes I agree, I only post what I see, and leave it to you Guys and Gals to pick the bones out, haha.

Of course no one has to post any of those links. Until he signs or doesn't there is no story, just speculation. If we all stopped reading them there would be no footfall on their websites and they'd have to find some proper stories. So the answer is in you hands, Andrew, stop posting them!  ;)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hobby said:

Of course no one has to post any of those links. Until he signs or doesn't there is no story, just speculation. If we all stopped reading them there would be no footfall on their websites and they'd have to find some proper stories. So the answer is in you hands, Andrew, stop posting them!  ;)

I will NOT be told to stop posting them, I will post what I like providing it's NOT offensive, its up to individuals whether they wish to read the content or move on.

• Like 5
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

22 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I will NOT be told to stop posting them, I will post what I like providing it's NOT offensive, its up to individuals whether they wish to read the content or move on.

I did not tell you to stop, just pointed out the consequences of your actions. All they are is clickbait,  I now just ignore any of your posts concerning the subject, and I am becoming more careful about some of the other links you and others post, it's a shame that real news is getting buried amongst the dross.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Andrew P said:

And yet another take on the Story, keeping Merc and Lewis headline news for another day at least.

BREAKING NEWS: LEWIS HAMILTON WILL SIGN CONTRACT ‘WITHIN A WEEK’.

https://formulanerds.com/read/news/breaking-news-lewis-hamilton-will-sign-contract-within-a-week/?fbclid=IwAR3VHGBdujSnlSFOQUCxP5pkHZtEpdlWnwTLejDB2ovBun4hbgrUu8GPjis

YAWN!:lazy::lazy:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 27/01/2021 at 16:19, xpdualcore said:

Mercedes reckon 2021 cars will start off season with 2019 performance level

On 27/01/2021 at 19:50, Andrew P said:

Allison says creation of 2021 Mercedes ‘every bit as difficult‘ as previous years, despite chassis stability.

Sandbagging before they've even turned a wheel?

• Like 2
  • Agree 2