The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2021

Oldddudders

• RMweb Gold
On 10/01/2021 at 13:47, Jol Wilkinson said:

Call me old fashioned, I prefer to wait until the F1 news appears on the Autosport website. By then it usually has some substance.

Some of these other sites seem like the F1 internet equivalent of the Sun.

I do find that "essentiallysport" site particularly poor, probably More Sunday Sport than Sun.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 10/01/2021 at 09:34, Andrew P said:

Erm, no, I don't think we missed anything like that? Grosjean told us how he escaped in an interview he did days after the crash (Dec 4).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

According to that article, Vettel has been "replaced by McLaren ace Sergio Perez".

Has anyone told Carlos Sainz Jr about this?

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, RJS1977 said:

According to that article, Vettel has been "replaced by McLaren ace Sergio Perez".

It is, after all the Daily Express*, which never lets the truth or facts get in the way of the story it wants to sell.

Darius

* which has a truly terrible website IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, RJS1977 said:

Do you know what, I read the article and didn't see that, I must need a visit to the Chiropractor.:laugh:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Funny 1

Hopefully this is only, as they have stated, the Testing Livery, as I think it show NO imagination what so ever. I do hope that all the others will be as good as last year.

image.png.a02bdd3e6cae4d8ef6a9e1915b673ee6.png

The exception of course being the Pink Mercedes, Aston Martin have shown a Green tendency in the images so far and I hope it will be British Racing Green and Gold. Jaguar were the last to use BRG but with White writing if I remember correctly.

Also of note, there will be very little time between Testing and the Race to re do the Colours, Launch it to the Media and repair any damage done to Body or Power Train from Testing. That also means re designing parts that fail or prove to be bad during the Test.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 14/01/2021 at 17:38, Andrew P said:

Hopefully this is only, as they have stated, the Testing Livery, as I think it show NO imagination what so ever. I do hope that all the others will be as good as last year.

image.png.a02bdd3e6cae4d8ef6a9e1915b673ee6.png

The exception of course being the Pink Mercedes, Aston Martin have shown a Green tendency in the images so far and I hope it will be British Racing Green and Gold. Jaguar were the last to use BRG but with White writing if I remember correctly.

Also of note, there will be very little time between Testing and the Race to re do the Colours, Launch it to the Media and repair any damage done to Body or Power Train from Testing. That also means re designing parts that fail or prove to be bad during the Test.

The green Jaguar was in 2000 IIRC, Caterham had a dark green colour scheme far more recently, until their demise in 2014ish. Agree it would be good to have a green Aston. Speculation abound that BWT will still want pink though. It’s certainly distinctive. 

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

Executive Summary: We'll replace all the bits that didn't work in 2020...  :crazy:

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

quietly go back to the 2019 spec now no-ones looking???

• Funny 2

2 hours ago, njee20 said:

The green Jaguar was in 2000 IIRC, Caterham had a dark green colour scheme far more recently, until their demise in 2014ish. Agree it would be good to have a green Aston. Speculation abound that BWT will still want pink though. It’s certainly distinctive. 

Your right about Caterham, I don't think BWT are involved this year so no Pink.

• Like 1