Photographs slow to display in topics

• RMweb Premium

Has anyone else experienced slow loading to display of photographs posted by other members in various topics ?

This morning I have viewed several topics and in each case when I've tried to look at posted photographs I get a blank blue/ grey panel where the photo should appear. In some cases this is displayed for about 10 seconds, then the photo gradually appears. In other instances the blank panel 'pulses' for want of a better description, the shade varying between pale blue and grey for around 10 seconds, then the photo appears.

I've looked at photos in my own picture library and they display promptly as normal.

Acer laptop Windows 10 version 20H2 , BT  Infinity 1, hub 6 (which was re booted yesterday)

Any advice will be gratefully received.

Thanks,

John

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium

I've just checked this situation, which now seems to be all but resolved. I viewed Dave F's latest postings in his excellent thread and apart from a very brief appearance of the blue/grey blank screen (a true blink of an eye) the photos displayed almost immediately. Looking at more photos on 'Wright Writes', these too  were quickly displayed.

Thanks as appropriate to Andy and Co. if they have taken any action to resolve this or, alternatively, my apologies if my OP caused any undue concern or consumed valuable time.

The two agrees from Dave F and dhjgreen do seem to indicate that there was an issue when I posted.

Regards,

John

• RMweb Premium

Despite my ISP repeatedly prompting me to pay extra for enhanced Wifi,  I generally find the performance of my Internet connection satisfactory for my needs. That's why something like this problem stands out to me when it occurs.

The fact that four of us have noted experience of the problem may  indicate it is small scale, but originating on the forum, not our individual PCs etc.

Regards,

John