Aston On Clun. A forgotten Great Western outpost.

MrWolf

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, MrWolf said:

A tube of Vallejo plastic putty just dropped through the letterbox...

I'm sure you will, but let us know how you get on with it.  I got a tube last week to play.... experiment with after seeing it on various modellers benches in Facebook groups 👍

Edited by Tim Dubya
GTN patch
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Hmm. That sounds like it might be what I need for filling those gaps on my Slope-sided Mineral and firtling the floor and teenage damage on my RCH 7-plank.

Is it similar to Liquid Green Stuff from a prolific sci-fi/fantasy wargaming producer? (As in liquid epoxy filler applied by brush)

Are you sure LGS is epoxy based? I wouldn't have thought epoxy is water soluble but LGS most definitely is.

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, aardvark said:

Agree entirely.

I've decided to sidestep AY, RMWeb and Warner's complete and write to Digitrains. They might be interested to know that their saturation advertising is having the opposite effect to that intended.

Be interesting to know what their response is...

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, 57xx said:

Are you sure LGS is epoxy based? I wouldn't have thought epoxy is water soluble but LGS most definitely is.

I actually have no idea. I assumed the regular green stuff was and therefore that the liquid one was the same just, well, liquid? I’m happy to be completely wrong!

If I’m honest, I found green stuff a real PITA to work with - it seems disinclined to stick where you want, but all to ready to get everywhere you don’t - and I never got a chance to use my pot of the liquid stuff: somehow a sealed pot managed to dry out!

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

13 hours ago, aardvark said:

Agree entirely.

I've decided to sidestep AY, RMWeb and Warner's complete and write to Digitrains. They might be interested to know that their saturation advertising is having the opposite effect to that intended.

<cough>adblockplus<cough>

Sorry I've got a bit of Covid at the moment.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Washing lines:

You could try using a single bristle cut from a decorator's paint brush. I use short lengths of these to get N gauge seagulls to fly. It's a wee bit fiddly but seems to work OK. 

20221126_160257.jpg.a561288b50e9d59171596d71099f1e6f.jpg

Follow me for more tips on how to go blind. 🤪

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4
  • Round of applause 3

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, John Besley said:

Nice picture, where was it?

Hi John, 

Graham is spot on. Lambourn it is. 

Rob

• Like 3

I've used a small amount of the filler to deal with the odd gaps left by hacking about the bodyside of the Toad. I have to report that it's really nice to use and the needle applicator makes for easy work getting the filler into the right place. 

I left it to set for a few hours and it sanded down really easy, unlike a lot of fillers that clog up the abrasive.

I filled the right-hand corner joint from the inside and the saw cuts from outside. A quick (messy) splash of grey highlights a couple of pinholes.

I'm liking this stuff.

IMG_20221126_211335.jpg.8da11ed2ae7a240da38d4246551050d5.jpg

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, MrWolf said:

I've used a small amount of the filler to deal with the odd gaps left by hacking about the bodyside of the Toad. I have to report that it's really nice to use and the needle applicator makes for easy work getting the filler into the right place. 

I left it to set for a few hours and it sanded down really easy, unlike a lot of fillers that clog up the abrasive.

I filled the right-hand corner joint from the inside and the saw cuts from outside. A quick (messy) splash of grey highlights a couple of pinholes.

I'm liking this stuff.

IMG_20221126_211335.jpg.8da11ed2ae7a240da38d4246551050d5.jpg

What filler is that?