The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

At last I can say I play like Tiger Woods......

gordon s

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, gordon s said:

He’s just had a 10 on the 150 yd Par 3 12th with three balls in the water.....:scratchhead:

There’s hope for all of us senior hackers.....

I can sympathise. When I played golf, I could score pretty well for most of a round but nearly always one disaster hole to wreck the card. Always impressed with the pros who put together 72 holes without any serious faults.

• RMweb Gold
55 minutes ago, gordon s said:

He’s just had a 10 on the 150 yd Par 3 12th with three balls in the water.....:scratchhead:

Amen to that.

Great, it was one of those magic moments you get on the practice days.....;)

After Tiger’s 10 on the 12th my dream was shattered as he missed an eagle putt by inches on the next hole and then went par, birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie. 5 birdies in 6 holes is pretty tidy....:D

Not that he needs the money, but those 7 dropped shots probably cost him $250,000.........Ouch....

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I heard that Kim Jong IL once won 3 games of golf after writing a play and before designing the next NK missile.....But when I first read the thread title I thought you'd been sh*****g loads of women and crashing your car into a tree...

I think I may have misinterpreted it....:rolleyes:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, gordon s said:

If only we could get out and play......................

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

9 hours ago, gordon s said:

He’s just had a 10 on the 150 yd Par 3 12th with three balls in the water

Brooks Koepka had a double bogey on the 12th in 2019, which led (in part) to Tiger's victory then. (As did Tony Finau and Francesco Molinari's double bogeys in the final group with Tiger.)

Augusta is a capricious course. Bryson DeChambeau registered a triple bogey on the 3rd on Saturday with a lost ball (not very far from his provisional 3rd stroke), that would probably never have happened with patrons behind the ropes, effectively ending his 2020 run.

Perhaps it's worth remembering that Dustin Johnson's record total of -20  today equals Woods in 1997 and Spieth in 2015. The broad smile on Tiger's face as he helped DJ into his first green jacket demonstrates Tiger's sportsmanship.  

• Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Perhaps it's worth remembering that Dustin Johnson's record total of -20  today equals Woods in 1997 and Spieth in 2015. The broad smile on Tiger's face as he helped DJ into his first green jacket demonstrates Tiger's sportsmanship.  

Apologies for my pendantry, but Woods and Spieth both won by 18. Johnson’s -20 was a new record for The Masters....;)

A most enjoyable four days viewing...

Edited by gordon s
  • Agree 1

Golf.  A piece of cake.   Every time I played I was under 72 shots. 

See my scores for last Sunday Morning.

61 at the first.

59 at the 2nd

47 at the 3rd (The short third hole)

68 at the 4th

67 at the 5th

61 at the 6th

62 at the 7th

58 at the 8th

60 at the 9th

49 at the 10  (I got a lucky kick of a bunker)

58 at the 11th

56 at the 12th

66 at the 13th

61 at the 14th

56 at the 15th

58 at the 16th

49 at the 17th

60 at the 18th

A doddle.   Nobody  saw me finish.  Do not know why,  so I switched the lights off and went home

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
On 19/11/2020 at 01:00, The Johnster said:

I'm probably a better railway modeller than Tiger Woods, which is what should matter on this site...

This is wheeltappers - pretty much anything goes.

Anyway - golf and railways......

It isn't unknown for me to rush a shot,[*] so I can get my phone out (which is on silent as a courtesy to my fellow players) and take a quick snap of a passing train on the railway line that bisects the course......

68.jpg.c18f405d5eee6e58ffc6c0549a5d3ba7.jpg

[*] and if the shot from here goes wrong, there are three bad outcomes.

Short of the green and it's in a pond.

Over the green and out of bounds.

On the railway and out of bounds.

• Friendly/supportive 1