Planet Industrials - Kerr Stuart Victory RTR in OO...

James Hilton

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, gpplumy said:

any news on plates from light railway stores ?

How many weeks since you ordered? The site says minimum 8 weeks at present so worth bearing that in mind if it’s less than that as they probably can’t give an idea without knowing when. 
I ordered mine 7th Feb and got the artwork and approved it last weekend so they’ve only just gone into the next batch so hopefully sometime in April for mine. 

Edited by PaulRhB

23 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

How many weeks since you ordered? The site says minimum 8 weeks at present so worth bearing that in mind if it’s less than that as they probably can’t give an idea without knowing when. 
I ordered mine 7th Feb and got the artwork and approved it last weekend so they’ve only just gone into the next batch so hopefully sometime in April for mine. 

They are ment to be doing some special plates for the victory,  namely the rothervale plate. But still not heard anything. 

received_1341764146332617.jpeg

• Like 2

Been playing around with the detailed parts, mainly the sand box thingies, do like the lining on them, just need to decide whether they will be permanent or not.

A second example may have to be purchase, with these being imho the best Industrial 0-6-0s on the market, any idea as to when we may see a second run of these? (I know there are plenty in stock just wondering)

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have an idea if there's an off the shelf colour or one that is broadly similar to that on the Maroon Victory?

Thinking to apply a similar livery to another industrial as the broad colour scheme works.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, BVMR21 said:

Anyone have an idea if there's an off the shelf colour or one that is broadly similar to that on the Maroon Victory?

Thinking to apply a similar livery to another industrial as the broad colour scheme works.

Ask PI - I asked for, and was given, the RAL number for the green livery.

Once you have the RAL number, you can have a car factor fill you a matching aerosol paint spray can.

CJI.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, BVMR21 said:

The main body colour for the maroon livery was specified as RAL3011 Brown Red.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Should be very soon now.

The one on eBay says with 'a' Paul Chetter sound project. My projects are readily available from Digitrains, including one for the Victory. I'm sure it sounds great. 

But the one I've created for Planet Industrials is an exclusive custom sound project, specially compiled to take advantage of the  new ZIMO MS decoder.

This includes 2 new, unique,  operational sound features to enhance your immersion and enjoyment during shunting movements.

I know the wait is frustrating (I'm in the queue too!), but it should be worth it.

Paul 

• Like 5

On 10/04/2023 at 10:49, pauliebanger said:

Should be very soon now.

The one on eBay says with 'a' Paul Chetter sound project. My projects are readily available from Digitrains, including one for the Victory. I'm sure it sounds great. 

But the one I've created for Planet Industrials is an exclusive custom sound project, specially compiled to take advantage of the  new ZIMO MS decoder.

This includes 2 new, unique,  operational sound features to enhance your immersion and enjoyment during shunting movements.

I know the wait is frustrating (I'm in the queue too!), but it should be worth it.

Paul 

Mine has missed one of the three shows the layout was booked for, though the Rapido Hunslet performed well in its stead.

Hopefully it will arrive before Stafford in 2025........

Les

Had Victory running on the club layout quite comfortably yesterday, 11 older Lima and Mainline MK1s was the most we tested it with as we didn't feel like testing it much more, didn't get photos of that but I did get it with my Accurascale Minerals which is now on Instagram.

Just need to get the sandboxes attached along with some nameplates at somepoint, does make me excited for Run 2 of these, fingers crossed for a version in Blue with White-Black-White lining.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I understand that smaller businesses may only be one person deep in terms of staff responsibilities, but I'm beginning to get a bit perturbed with Planet Industrials.    Maybe everyone is on a month long holiday or god forbid, there has been a death in the family...

A quick timeline of events:

5 April 2021  Paid in full for a black Victory

23 November 2022 Victory shipped to my home in USA

25 December 2022 Discovered I had a bad Victory that I couldn't repair

6 January 2023 The Victory is returned to PI

17 January 2023 PI signs for the return

22 February 2023 I inquire as to the status of my return, PI kindly refunds my postage, states the Victory has been repaired and will be "dispatched by the end of the week"

11 March 2023 I receive two Royal Mail packages  from Liverpool and Sheffield, both shipped the week of 22 February

25 March 2023 I request confirmation the Victory was shipped and request a tracking number, no response

7 April 2023 I request confirmation the Victory was shipped and request a tracking number, no response

12 April 2023 I request confirmation, at the info address instead of orders address, that the Victory was shipped and request a tracking number, no response

We are coming up on 2 full months since the Victory was supposed to be dispatched.  Royal Mail is currently taking two weeks to get from the UK to the USA.  I'm at a complete loss as to why I cannot get a response from PI concerning that Victory.

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, TheEngineShed said:

We are coming up on 2 full months since the Victory was supposed to be dispatched.  Royal Mail is currently taking two weeks to get from the UK to the USA.  I'm at a complete loss as to why I cannot get a response from PI concerning that Victory.

I can’t make comment on your Victory, but I can say Royal Mail performance is highly variable at the moment. We have just had it take 5 weeks to deliver a business letter to Budapest, Hungary, the replacement sent arriving a full two weeks before the original. Both sent on the same service, both tracked. 

Roy

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

I can’t make comment on your Victory, but I can say Royal Mail performance is highly variable at the moment. We have just had it take 5 weeks to deliver a business letter to Budapest, Hungary, the replacement sent arriving a full two weeks before the original. Both sent on the same service, both tracked. 

Roy

The problem may be at the UK border, or beyond.

Royal Mail seems to be functioning extremely well, domestically, at present.

CJI.

Edited by cctransuk

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, cctransuk said:

The problem may be at the UK border, or beyond.

Royal Mail seems to be functioning extremely well, domestically, at present.

CJI.

You obviously live in a different part of the UK to me! My town is generally ok, but for the village down the road their usual postie had an operation, is off sick and there is no cover. They are currently getting post weekly, and that situation is not uncommon round here.

Roy

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
54 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

You obviously live in a different part of the UK to me!

Cornwall, in the metropolis of Bodmin!

I post first class in the evening, just before the final collection from the delivery office postbox. Virtually all of my packages are delivered next day, according to reports from my customers. I usually achieve next day delivery for all orders received prior to mid-afternoon.

I regularly post overseas - Europe, North America and Australasia - and I have not had any enquiries as to the whereabouts of packages for as long as I can remember.

Just lucky, I suppose.

John Isherwood.

• Like 3

On 20/04/2023 at 08:35, cctransuk said:

... Royal Mail seems to be functioning extremely well, domestically, at present. ...

... except the week before last when we received nothing round here ................ not much point having a Radio Times subscription if the thing's half way through its validity by the time it turns up - on the fringes of the biggest metrolopis in the UK.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

My only Royal Mail problem lately was a parcel delivered to a neighbour of the recipient, who subsequently got very awkward about releasing it to the actual recipient. RM for their part completely washed their hands of it.

53 minutes ago, gpplumy said:

any news on the plates yet, feels like weve been waiting for some time since LRS said they were to be produced

There are the ones listed on the LRS Website produced specifically for Victory, namely GWR 666/667, Duffryn No19 and Francis.