Proceedings of the Castle Aching Parish Council, 1905

• RMweb Premium

My son-in-law was surprised to receive a missive from Rishi pleading with him not to vote Reform. Although he's rather miffed to have been profiled as a racist numbskull, as a junior doctor he is extremely unlikely to vote Tory.

• Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Welchester said:

as a junior doctor he is extremely unlikely to vote Tory.

I find it interesting how they've succeeded in alienating the professions, once part of their core constituency. 

• Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Compound2632 said:

I find it interesting how they've succeeded in alienating the professions, once part of their core constituency. 

It was Thatcher who started that!

Jim 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

12 hours ago, Annie said:

9T6YTxD.jpg

My MP is Sir Liam Fox. Last election, he polled more votes than LibDem and Labour combined. This time there is a good chance that in future he will be able to enjoy more time with his family.

Best wishes 

Eric 

• Like 8

Good morning folks,

Interesting analysis on the BBC news website this morning about the party leader canvassing locations.

It seems that Sunk is only visiting Blue seats with mahoosive Blue majorities.

Whereas, Sir K and Sir E are also visiting Blue seats, and not just marginals.

This is, apparently, a sign of defensive campaigning.

No recorded Blue on Blue 'friendly fire' incidents yet 😂

Cheers, Nigel.

• RMweb Premium
On 24/06/2024 at 20:47, Edwardian said:

I'll set the dogs on him if he comes round here.

What have the dogs done to upset you ?

Adrian

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, figworthy said:

What have the dogs done to upset you ?

Adrian

i was thinking more that they'd run out of dental chews.

• Funny 3

Not spoilt for choice round hereabouts, either.

Getting loads of ''interference'' from the new conservative candidate...which is annoying, as I often cannot click the 'get rid' icon fast enough.

Seems , as a self-discharged county councillor, he wants to emphasis his 'local roots'..and appeal to the retired [retarded?] old people that seem to proliferate in  this area [they all come here from the west riding, to die...hellytumps graveyard, here..]

Luckily I don't get to see his full series of adverts.....I have 'complained' to the various social media bots..but he gets around this by putting out very slightly different adverts all the time.

Got a Labour flyer through the door the other day....

Greens are off the table for me, too, as is reform....Lib dems also a vague non starter...

Do I vote 'tactically?'    Just to get rid of the current mob?

[Not bothered about the number of migrants wanting to come here....it's our own fault, for creating the East India company in the first place, I think.]

Anyway, I think I'm migrant offspring too....if my family tree is to be believed?

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, alastairq said:

Not spoilt for choice round hereabouts, either.

Getting loads of ''interference'' from the new conservative candidate...which is annoying, as I often cannot click the 'get rid' icon fast enough.

Seems , as a self-discharged county councillor, he wants to emphasis his 'local roots'..and appeal to the retired [retarded?] old people that seem to proliferate in  this area [they all come here from the west riding, to die...hellytumps graveyard, here..]

Luckily I don't get to see his full series of adverts.....I have 'complained' to the various social media bots..but he gets around this by putting out very slightly different adverts all the time.

Got a Labour flyer through the door the other day....

Greens are off the table for me, too, as is reform....Lib dems also a vague non starter...

[Not bothered about the number of migrants wanting to come here....it's our own fault, for creating the East India company in the first place, I think.]

Anyway, I think I'm migrant offspring too....if my family tree is to be believed?

Ulitmately, everyone is from migrant stock.

• Like 1
  • Agree 8
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, alastairq said:

Our diverse, open-minded, multicultural society is the greatest benefit of our Imperial history.

(Perhaps I should go to a Reform rally with that on placard?)

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, alastairq said:

Works both ways!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

Our diverse, open-minded, multicultural society is the greatest benefit of our Imperial history.

(Perhaps I should go to a Reform rally with that on placard?)

I almost wrote a parody of 39 Steps where the protagonist, on the run from the local constabulary, is mistaken for the overdue speaker at a political rally and has to address a hall full of  UKIP/Reform Party members which he does with a speech on the benfits of immigration.

He would, of course, easily escape the Busies in the confusion caused as audience members' heads unscrewed themselves and clattered to the floor.   

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

2 hours ago, alastairq said:

Tactical voting the order of the day here, in order to keep the Swindling Nasty Party out!

1 hour ago, Edwardian said:

In her book 'Tamed' Alice Roberts states that we are all at least 2% Neandertal!  In some (prominent) cases I would venture that the percentage is much, very much, higher!

Jim

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Just when you thought 2024 announcements could not get any worse...

image.png.9dbdff6f32157b5b424695f102e3ec97.png

Bachmann - not Bachmann-never-be-afraid-to-be-dull-Europe, but those wacky folk at Bachmann Trains - have entered the list with a late entry that is surely going to give Hornby some concerns:

image.png.d9484ac6f2e87f4aedb46bbcb8c8445b.png

Hornby must be gutted now that its 'Hotel Rwanda, Safe Third Country Celebration' train pack didn't take off. I'm sure that would have been a hit with Southport Gobsh1te and all the other knuckle-dragging fanboys. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Edwardian said:

He would, of course, easily escape the Busies in the confusion caused as audience members' heads unscrewed themselves and clattered to the floor.   

you failed to mention the exploding Gammons

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Edwardian said:

Indeed but what I find strange is that for those in power, the closer they are personally to immigration, the stronger their views against new immigrants.

Sunak - second generation immigrant

Cleverly (in name only) - British father and Sierra Leonean mother.

Braverman - second generation immigrant

Badenoch - second generation immigrant but has spent so much time in her formative years outside the UK that she considers herself first generation.

Patel (not pretty) - second generation immigrant.

and even Farage - married to a German, with a great grandfather who is German.

It almost makes you wonder if these immigrant families have properly assimilated into the traditional way of British life and culture.

• Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Caley Jim said:

Tactical voting the order of the day here, in order to keep the Swindling Nasty Party out!

We're in the same huge constituency and the tactical voting options seem quite uncertain, looks like a three way split.

Alan 

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, Buhar said:

We're in the same huge constituency and the tactical voting options seem quite uncertain, looks like a three way split.

https://tactical.vote/

OK this is directed at the defeat of candidates from a party that is largely irrelevant in terms of Scottish constituencies but there must be something similar out there for your situation?

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, Andy Hayter said:

It almost makes you wonder if these immigrant families have properly assimilated into the traditional way of British life and culture.

I'd be very careful thinking that out loud if I was you - it might be misconstrued.

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

https://tactical.vote/

OK this is directed at the defeat of candidates from a party that is largely irrelevant in terms of Scottish constituencies but there must be something similar out there for your situation?

I've been following a number of those sites and will continue to do so up to polling day.  SNP is the current Tories out recommendation but Labour are surging a good bit and David Mundell remains personally quite popular (he's actually a decent bloke, just keeping poor company). Even stevens here.

Alan

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

I'd be very careful thinking that out loud if I was you - it might be misconstrued.

You are probably right Stephen.  The deliberate irony will be lost on many.

• Like 1