The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Music that gives you a giggle

Chrisr40

• RMweb Gold

Wagner's 'Ride of the Valkyries'.  It's so over the top and just plain insane as to be amusing in it's own right; anyone who can take this rubbish seriously has 'issues' IMHO (and a good number of them do seem to be somewhere to the right of Attila the Hun), but on top of that I cannot rid myself of the mental image of Elmer Fudd in the Hollywod Bowl; 'kill da wabbit, kill da WAAbit...'.

Peter Green's 'Rattlesnake Shake' always raises a smile as well: 'I know this guy/his name is Mick/ andhe don' care when he 'ain't got no chick/man do the shake, the rattlesnake shake/man do the shake/and jerk away the blues...  I first heard this when I was 15 years old, and found it very, um, apt!

Edited by The Johnster
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

Wagner's 'Ride of the Valkyries'.  It's so over the top and just plain insane as to be amusing in it's own right; anyone who can take this seriously has serious issues IMHO, but on top of that I cannot rid myself of the mental image of Elmer Fudd; 'kill da wabbit, kill da WAAbit...'.

Probably the best music ever written.

Some laugh while others use it to invade countries....

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Blimey, I forgot the dear old Goons - “Ying Tong Song”

Also a couple of very non-PC songs from the Dubliners that I remember from my youth - “Seven Drunken Nights” and “Maids, When You’re Young, Never Wed An Old Man”.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

Had to look them up on you tube hilarious.

The sketch where Peter Cook has wtitten to the world council of churches absolutely priceless watvhing Dudley Moore collapse in laughter

Dudley corpsing is funny in itself. Glad to have introduced you to Pete and Dud alter egos.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...