The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Music that gives you a giggle

Chrisr40

I thought I would share this, is there a piece of music that never fails to make you smile or chortle ?

I will start with mine, the Matron theme from any of the Carry on films and as of today the opening bars of Curb your enthusiasm.

• RMweb Gold

Most tunes on the ‘one song to the tune of another’ bit on ‘I’m sorry haven’t a clue’ give me a giggle 

the one that sticks out in particular is ‘Girlfriend in a coma’ by the smiths to the tune of ‘tiptoe through the tulips’ 

then there is ‘my lovely horse’ off father ted, with its obligatory video 

Edited by big jim
  • Like 3

I love my comedy songs.

All the usual stuff like the Pythons, Spinal Tap and Comic Strip. As well as the more political and satirical such as Tom Lehrer and Flanders and Swann (and the Brabbins and Fyffe spoof).

But one that has been making me giggle recently is Ramblin Syd Rumpo. Pure nonsense but gave the old duffers at the BBC a few heart attacks. :jester:

• Like 3

Spike Jones And His City Slickers, The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band, The Heebie Jeebies, and Albertos Y Lost Trios Paranoias, to name a few that haven't already been mentioned. There's an album of parodies by Pete Atkin and Clive James called Live Libel that is well worth a listen.

steve

• Like 2

Pete & Dud doing 'Goodbye' at the end of 'Not Only But Also' and Pete's mickey take of psychedelic pop in 'Bedazzled'.

Peter Seller's version of 'A Hard Day's Night' as Richard III.

Bernard Cribbins' two pop smash hits 'Right Said Fred' and 'Digging A Hole'.

Cream's 'Mother's Lament' which I remember my Mum singing to us in the bath.... ''Your baby 'as gawn dahn the plug'ole, and won't need a barf anymore...''. Rock bands just don't do this sort of thing anymore...!

Edited by Rugd1022
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

“Billericay Dickie” by Ian Dury & The Blockheads:

”Had a love affair with Nina

In the back of my Cortina” etc....

also ”Earl’s A Winger” by Richard Digance, haven’t heard it for years.

• Like 2