The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

On Cats

didcot

5 minutes ago, eastglosmog said:

Some archive pictures of old Misty.

This is him indulging in his favorite occupation of scoffing Honeys dinner:

620841817_Misty19981.jpg.6f75091775b8227950d4be33cea97fb1.jpg

This is him indulging his second favorite occupation:

1492605647_Misty19982.jpg.ec0976d1444d36913439af7313837a30.jpg

What a handsome chap, predominantly marmalade, but with hints of brown Tabby & white thrown in. Don't think I've seen that before.

C6T. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Classsix T said:

What a handsome chap, predominantly marmalade, but with hints of brown Tabby & white thrown in. Don't think I've seen that before.

C6T. 

He would have been pleased to hear you say that - he tended to be overshadowed by Honey in the looks stakes (except for his whiskers, which were magnificent).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eastglosmog said:

He would have been pleased to hear you say that - he tended to be overshadowed by Honey in the looks stakes (except for his whiskers, which were magnificent).

Rox was nicknamed Heinze, 'cos of her 57 varieties. I thought her the prettiest Mog ever. Ostensibly just a Tortie & white, it's how the colours sat on her that appealed. Both of her rear legs had white socks, but one had a large dark splodge on it, naturally I thought of her having a hole in her footwear!

C6T 

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

I'm sure everyone knows cats have developed their miaow to sound like a baby so we respond to them.  When a baby cries on the tv they think another cat has come into their territory and want to know where the sound's coming from!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

5 minutes ago, Metr0Land said:

I'm sure everyone knows cats have developed their miaow to sound like a baby so we respond to them.  When a baby cries on the tv they think another cat has come into their territory and want to know where the sound's coming from!

4 am. Oliver strolls into the bedroom and asks for breakfast. Once I get up he retreats to the cat flap and sits there licking his lips. Communication.

• Round of applause 2
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, big jim said:

4 more fosters arrived today, owner couldn’t cope as he was told his cat was neutered then this little lot came along! 

again any donations to willows way would be appreciated for their upkeep

I've been in a not dissimilar position.

Female stray arrived in the autumn.  No chip or tattoo.  Waited until the new year for the owner to turn up (that would be a first) and in their absence took her to the vet to be sterilised.  Vet knocked her out, shaved the belly and found what seemed to be a scar from surgery.  So he went no further of course.  We were advised to watch out for her coming into season and if she did take her straight down for sterilisation.  We never saw her come into season but 4 months later we had 4 extra mouths to feed.

We still have them.

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, eastglosmog said:

It's sad that some people who find lost cats do not take them to the vets to be scanned for a microchip.

That’s the moot point I’ve not mentioned, the supposed owner who wants him back hasn’t in the 8 years since they “acquired” the cat once taken him to a vet get him checked over or registered and vaccinated etc or it would have been seen he belonged to someone and have been returned with his rightful owner straight away

don’t get me wrong he’s a healthy cat, well fed etc but since the original owner got him neutered and vaccinated 8 years ago, before he went missing, he’s not once been to a vet under the ‘custodianship’ of the other person which makes me suspicious he was taken as a kitten rather than wandering the 2 miles between houses and crossing over 3 busy main roads and the west coast mainline in the process! 

• Agree 8