The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

On Cats

didcot

On 17/09/2024 at 19:25, J. S. Bach said:

Raindrop changed considerably during the time after the operation; I suspect that, as the female hormones dissipated. I wish now that I had not had it done,

In my experience, in the six months of kittenhood before spaying they're all much of a muchness in their behaviour. We've only ever had girls and I found the heat cycle of mature Queens unwanted by myself and more than likely the cat that shouldn't be a slave to it.

So whilst I respect the point of view of not enforcing birth control, I'm of the opinion the cat only expresses itself fully once freed from its hormones. Not to mention I see it as responsible cat ownership to not add to the feline population willy nilly.

C6T.

• Like 4
  • Agree 6
  • Round of applause 2

Anyway. Dee was checked over at the vet today. I'd expressed concern that although she seemed fine on Tuesday, she was a little out of sorts on Wednesday. Very quiet and not as enthusiastic about eating.

The vet wasn't unduly worried about her vitals but asked me to keep a close watch and get in touch if the situation worsened. Once I got her home I remembered there was some 'Lix' in the cupboard so squeezed out a sachet of that. She lapped it up and then scoffed the Dreamies I added. I'll try her again with some wet food later today but it's apparent her appetite is there, just a question of giving her something she's keen to eat.

Another checkup next Wednesday...and then Mia next Friday.

C6T.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

When I had Jessica done a few months back her appetite trebled! She had always been quite a picky eater up until the op, now she wants to eat EVERYTHING and lots of it. I'm having to be quite strict with her food as I don't want her getting fat.

Other than appetite the rest of her behaviour has returned to very much as it was before she was done, just as cuddly and playful (and mischievous and shouty!)

Andi

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Classsix T said:

Anyway. Dee was checked over at the vet today. I'd expressed concern that although she seemed fine on Tuesday, she was a little out of sorts on Wednesday. Very quiet and not as enthusiastic about eating.

The vet wasn't unduly worried about her vitals but asked me to keep a close watch and get in touch if the situation worsened. Once I got her home I remembered there was some 'Lix' in the cupboard so squeezed out a sachet of that. She lapped it up and then scoffed the Dreamies I added. I'll try her again with some wet food later today but it's apparent her appetite is there, just a question of giving her something she's keen to eat.

Another checkup next Wednesday...and then Mia next Friday.

C6T.

We sometimes get a 'cat food strike', when we have to be slightly inventive. I sometimes crush their favourite cat biscuits up with a pestle and mortar and mix it with the wet food, that often does the trick.

• Like 2