The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

On Cats

didcot

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, didcot said:

Now I know a number of people with their head up their own backsides.....but Mia has it down to a fine art bless her!

20240911_191531.jpg.c3e67a3726c3471be2838ac12dc5ffc7.jpg

She is not the only one, Raindrop is giving it a try but had a slight problem:

Raindrop-0063.jpg.b278d27412948cf8b56301d1886d4abd.jpg

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, TT-Pete said:

and Myla demonstrates the "If I fits, I sits" principle.

Even Raindrop does, but very occasionally:

IMG_20240425_144256.jpg.ccc107bf5200cc4f1597fbf6483412a2.jpg

Just close the lid and off she goes!

• Like 8
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

There was a cat skirmish in next door's garden today. I could hear the screeching.

My cat Bruno was almost certainly involved because he is aggressive to other cats, even my other cat Louli. But it's just natural for him because he's young and relatively new to the area so he's just trying to find his place in the local hierarchy.

I could also hear my other neighbours, who are cat owners, asking each other what was going on and ultimately the response was, "It's that f**cking brown cat!"...

Silly people! Did they not think that the cat might belong to me and that I would probably be able to hear them being rude about him? They have  gone down in my estimation and dealing with them will be more difficult in future.

P.S. He's a golden sandy colour with black ticking and he looks like a miniature lion. "Brown cat" indeed! Pah!

Edited by Harlequin
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 10

1 hour ago, Classsix T said:

Remedee was spayed yesterday.

Back home now obvs, in an annoying (to her) red onesie rather than a cone to protect her op stitches.

Difficult to watch her as she lolloped around fighting off the anaesthetic. But she's coming around and is purring when she's on my lap.

Check up at the vet on Thursday to make sure everything is fine.

Being human, my concern is that the relationship between me and my little girl has fundamentally changed because her perception of me means a stressful experience...

I'm reading too much into that of course. She's a cat...feed her Dreamies she'll be fine?!

C6T.

Several cats ago I discovered that a couple of layers of gaffer tape kept the dressing intact and avoided the need for the cone of shame.

• Informative/Useful 1