The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

On Cats

didcot

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, J. S. Bach said:

In line with the above "line blockage", I used to have internet problems:

Tyger-0006possiblepostingproblems.JPG.f374c625542e3160ef8f315e8a42b615.JPG

Old laptops used to be quite warm...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Remedee is getting used to me arriving at home and having a bit of time 'outside'. Gaining confidence but still wary if I'm not nearby. I'm on late shifts so there's little traffic to freak her out.

Mia came out too last night and 'Dee followed her out to the back garden, lots of exiting stuff to sniff and chase out there!

Sometime later she was less than keen to agree with my suggestion that it was time to come back indoors, so I grabbed one of the long bits of grass (with the seeds on the end) and she couldn't resist!

I don't have a problem with 'Dee getting out once she's familiar with her 'patch' but she needs to be able to get back indoors via the downstairs window and I don't think she's strong enough to do that yet.

Anyway, 2nd vet tomorrow for booster jabs etc. So more carry case mewing. Poor girl!

C6T.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Gold

So sorry to hear this; my two, who were brother & sister both had to go about 3 years ago and just one month apart.

I know how distressing this can be.

Tony

• Agree 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

1 hour ago, eastglosmog said:

The cancerous growth was inoperable, so Tilly has had to be put to sleep.  Thank you everyone for your sympathy, it makes a big difference.

Having lost "Finn" my 12 year old ginger and white b o y  to cancer in Feb this year very unexpectedly I can relate to how you're feeling.  

Try and remember the good times.

Edited by admiles
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Premium

A question I've been formulating since 4.33 today, do cats automatically put back their clocks when BST ends or is there a button somewhere to reprogramme them?

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

A question I've been formulating since 4.33 today, do cats automatically put back their clocks when BST ends or is there a button somewhere to reprogramme them?

Oreo has quickly adapted to me being retired. When I was working, she was pestering me to get up if I was still in bed at 4am. Not best happy when I was on a rest day. Yesterday it was half 6.

Edited by JZ
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, Hal Nail said:

I find a well-aimed pillow launched across the room in the general direction of the miscreant works as a "snooze" function for about 5 minutes until the carpet-clawing starts again.

• Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Hal Nail said:

If there is such a button, I have never found it!

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, eastglosmog said:

If there is such a button, I have never found it!

You need to lift the tail and have a Philips head screwdriver to hand 😜

Edited by franciswilliamwebb
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, TT-Pete said:

(You can tell that it is British summertime by how wet everything is!)

The difference between summer and winter is how much the rain has veered from vertical to horizontal.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

12 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

Not in my experience of early morning wake ups.  Please let me know if you find such a button.  Most early morning wake up calls are to be let out (no cat flap), the most annoying is the " I just want to play call"     

• Funny 3

On 24/07/2024 at 12:03, eastglosmog said:

The cancerous growth was inoperable, so Tilly has had to be put to sleep.  Thank you everyone for your sympathy, it makes a big difference.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Gopher said:

Not in my experience of early morning wake ups.  Please let me know if you find such a button.  Most early morning wake up calls are to be let out (no cat flap), the most annoying is the " I just want to play call"     

I have an automatic feeder and a catflap. She wakes me up to tell me her food has arrived and then nips back up to tell me shes going out.

Ironically she doesn't bother to let me know where she is when shes been out for 12 hours and I want to go to bed though.

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 6

18 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

Revere Beach, one of the main station on the narrow gauge Boston, Revere Beach & Lynn (originally steam, then electrified):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston,_Revere_Beach_and_Lynn_Railroad

Revere & Boston in teh same sentence brings back memories of Teddy Boston's Cadeby Light Railway running round the rectory churchyard

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Dagworth said:

Jessica has decided that the beginnings of Stoke Hill is a good place to sit 

IMG_2521.jpeg.89a7d0195a21046c43af3252f20c095f.jpeg

Good of you to have included a comfortable-looking cat bed with your layout!

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2